November 12, 2010

Nuno Rocha's Canon 7D Short 'Vicky and Sam'

Here's a 10-minute, DSLR-shot movie about movies. Directed by Nuno Rocha and shot in Austin Texas. It might be a bit meta, but it comes with the message for screenwriters to treat your characters like they're real people...

Shot on a Canon 7D.

[via TickleBooth]

that was really well done

November 12, 2010

alexander miller

Excellent...so cool to see great work being done with dslrs...

November 13, 2010

Pretty nice work... thank you, for this blog post !

November 14, 2010

I wish I had words for how awesomely well written that was. I can't find anything I didn't totally love about it. If you catch this Nuno, good work.

November 14, 2010

What did you use for sound? If it was external, how'd you sync it up?

November 17, 2010

Marty

I got a 7d my self and it is a great bit of kit,the film was not bad have seen the story line before the guy from Scotland ???? very poor accent I thought he was Irish.

November 18, 2010

russ

I'm completely surprised at all the fanfare over this self-conscious and self-important little flick. Nice production values though.

November 18, 2010

radrave

Well done - I like that debate over the screenplay at the opening. I too use a 7D with a Merlin Steadicam. I noticed those were dolly tracked (I think) they were very smooth and it was lit (like a film prod.) Both keys to making it watchable. Eye candy is a given because we are already used to it on TV. And sound was perfect. Anything less looks like a reality show. Great work !

November 18, 2010

John

Nice job! Very entertaining and very well produced. That one went into my Vimeo favorites!

December 9, 2010

I wanted to like this. But that loud mouth tosser completely butchered my native accent. That was the worst attempt at a Scottish accent I've heard in years. I would have been offended if he hadn't come off looking like such a bad actor to boot.

April 25, 2012