May 3, 2011

Adobe Creative Suite 5.5 Now Available

The previously announced upgrade to Adobe's Creative Suite, version CS5.5, is now shipping. From individual titles all the way up to the $2,599 behemoth known as the Master Collection, the new programs are available as instant downloads (well, depending on the speed of your connection). Direct links: Adobe Master Collection CS5.5, Adobe Production Premium CS5.5, Adobe Premiere Pro CS5.5, Adobe After Effects CS5.5, Adobe Audition CS5.5.

I wonder if Adobe Media Encoder cs5.5 converts to ogg and webm yet for html5 players. I can't see anything about this on the what's new pages. I just finished a project where I had to use some cheap no-options encoder to get those formats. The quality really wasn't up to my standards, but I've yet to see a better option. Kinda hoping cs5.5 will do this.

May 3, 2011

Clayton

Actually there is NO Photoshop CS5.5, instead it's CS5.1 which is a general update available to all Creaive Suite 5 users. Simply speaking, if you have CS5 installed, you can get a update for Photoshop CS5.1 which has new functions. If you ordered CS5.5 suite, then you get Photoshop CS5.1 straight away.

The next major update for all applications is CS6, which I estimate could be released at the end of this year.

May 4, 2011

Marvin

Thanks for the clarification, Marvin; corrected.

I don't think their production cycle is more often than once a year, is it?

May 4, 2011

Ryan Koo
Founder
Writer/Director

Well, their uodate cycle is usually around 12-18 months, but obviously the digital world has become more and more crazy than before, so I think they might want to speed things up a little bit.

May 6, 2011

Marvin

Bit late on the reply.

I think they will announce sometime around the end of this year, and then release start of next year. I think Premiere Pro and After Effects won't get major updates either, a few bug fixes here and there, CS5.5 I think was released earlier to have Premiere Pro out before FCP, which is why only the video editing application seemed to have been updated.

July 3, 2011

Tyler F

The $799 list price for Premiere Pro now seems much too high given the new price for Final Cut. I wonder if Adobe will drop the price to compete?

May 4, 2011

Michael

it seems like adobe never competes with apple like that. Similar products yes but it only has been a few versions they even put out a mac version of Premiere Pro.

May 6, 2011