We've relaunched as a full community! Get the scoop:

September 22, 2011

Leaving It All on the Court with 24 Hours Left: Everything I've Done to Promote #Manchild

Exactly 24 hours left in the Man-child campaign, and we're so close! Despite this screencap from my Twitter campaign video, I haven't had a team to help. But what I have had is help from a lot of other websites! So in addition to writing a dozen posts about Man-child here on No Film School, participating in Independent Film Week, Facebooking and Twittering almost non-stop, and writing my own Press Release -- all while simultaneously trying to post the latest helpful news about filmmaking here, as usual -- I've also thankfully popped on a lot of other web sites. Some of these were guest posts, some were interviews, and some were posts written by others out of the simple desire to help the campaign. This has been a community effort that has made it this far thanks to, literally, thousands of people. I can't say it enough: thank you so much for helping. It takes a village! As I say in the post title -- and to use a sports analogy -- I've left it all on the court. Now we're on the cusp of making history together. Here's a list of appearances elsewhere that I've been able to keep track of over the last 37 days:

Interviews

Guest Posts

News/Blog Coverage

Finally, as all this was going on, I was also fortunate enough to be recognized as one of 25 participants in IFP and the Film Society of Lincoln Center's Emerging Visions program, one of 20 scripts selected for IFP's Emerging Narrative program, and one of 6 filmmakers selected for IFP and NYC Media's Emerging Artist Future of Film Today video profiles (which will be playing on NYC.gov, on Channel 25 in the tri-state area, and in the back of New York City taxicabs soon). Jeez, that's a lot of "emerging" -- if I don't actually emerge with a feature after all this it would certainly be a disappointment! And as you can see, I owe everyone at IFP -- big time. More than I know how to express. If you're an independent filmmaker, especially in the NYC area, you should join IFP. Nuff said!

Again, thank you to all of the websites that have helped the campaign along, not to mention the thousands of you who have helped on Twitter. Remember to tune in live Friday at 9pm Eastern or come to the NYC party (RSVP here), kicking off at 8pm!

Sooooooooo exciting! Go go go go go!

Ruthless Thug

Dude if you make it I'm totally going to dance naked because of the joy.

(No I won't post videos).

El Presidente

Wow, so close! You're gonna make it I'm certain.

Ben

Now, correct me if I'm wrong, but if you're within a reasonable amount of succeeding at a Kickstarter campaign, wouldn't you just spend the rest yourself to bring it over the goal? Considering you'll be getting the money back, couldn't you just max out a few credit cards or borrow from some friends?

swester

You'd have to do the latter -- I can't put it on my own card (Amazon payments does not allow payments to yourself). Plus the limit on my card isn't that high. Of course, working for a year and a half to get to this point only to make it 95% of the way and have to get bailed out wouldn't be ideal... better than getting nothing, though, which I suppose is your point!

Ryan Koo
Founder
Writer/Director

How much sleep are you getting today?

Dan

Koo,

Whatever happens I give you mad credit for this entire effort. To have raised what you already have is already a victory. I admire your passion and persistence. Your project should be studied and taught to every aspiring filmmaking in the world, as far as I am concerned.

I wouldn't consider it "getting bailed out" if you need an extra boost at the end. Kickstarter is a little nutty. At Indiegogo you still get a percentage of your money if you come up short. Just put in my $24. I think you are going to make it and it will be a great freaking story to use when you are promoting the movie!

Seth

September 23, 2011

Yes! I know you can do it! This is fantastic.

Jake Kilgore

Fingers crossed man! Looking forward to saying congratulations!

L

Hi,

I am a young film maker from Poland. I Admire your work a lot, your courage and passion (which I lack often so much). Thanks for making nofilmschool, it's one of the best points on my rss list :)

I am honoured I was able to back your film - wish you a lot of luck.

Tomek

Tomek

Glad I got paid before the time's up and could contribute, so close now!

Adam

Come on Koo!!
You got the skills to pay the bills!!
16 hours to go - 94% funded!!

Salute from Brazil!!!

September 23, 2011

May the force be with you.

Master Yoda

May the force be with you!

Anakin Skywalker

May the force be with you :)

Obi-Wan Kenobi

I'm sorry I had to leave it to this long. Glad to have finally supported. This is basically an investment for both myself and everyone else through all your joys and lowlights. Good luck.

Dlo

Thank you guys so much for your support! Just woke up after a brief night of sleep to see we've crossed $110k!! Now on through the last hours!

Ryan Koo
Founder
Writer/Director

I'm learning very valuable lessons through your campaign. But possibly the most important is figure out a way to attach a big name to your project.

David

Hi Koo, I've been visiting your website since August and I've learned a lot and approached one of the most classiest dudes in the world, but I think that the most valuable thing I got from you is inspiration and courage. I 've been watching the "money pledged" bar progress every day and raised my pledge 3 times, and in the end I think the 72$ I pledged is the best way I could have spent my money(except for roses for a girl, but she didn't came, what explains the whiskey) : I'm fucking participating in the making of a great movie, less than one year after my passion for cinema burst up!!! Pardon my English, I'm from France, by the way it means your dreams are universal. 96% of your film have been pledged, 6 points overnight, it's really great. I'm sure you'll make it and all your... hmm, loyal followers will witness the birth of a great filmmaker, and I in particular won't have lost my day. See you online for a victory beer! And thanks Koo.

Youssoup

This down-to-the-wire boost from 80 something percent a day or so ago to 97 percent with just hours on the clock is hella inspiring (not to mention nail-biting).

Congrats Koo! The fact that you're helping pave the way to a brighter future for us multi-hyphs is an even greater inspiration.

Supporting your effort is its own reward.

Shawn

I am so tuning in tonight with a beer in hand to celebrate. I wish I could've taken the day off to drive to NY.

Dave N

$1500 to go...congrats, sir...I look forward to toasting you from afar this evening...
Seems like quite a journey, right? I was thinking, though, that this is just the funding piece...now for two more years of solid work...whew! This is a solid start, though...I look forward to following you through the rest of the journey...

September 23, 2011

congrats Koo! you did it... i'm not going to lunch until i see the ticker past 100%

September 23, 2011

Woo hoo! Same as Adil, you did it! There must be a way to celebrate this for those who are not in New York, or even in the USA, tell me if you have an idea.

Youssoup

Congrats Koo, and thank you! I'm so happy for you. Ydhrzd,po,n = I don't know how to say it, congratulations Koo!

Youssoup

Glad you made it can't wait to see your masterpiece finished!!! You made it thanks for laying the groundworks and teaching us along the way!!!

September 23, 2011

You made it, congrats!! Koo, keep being such an inspirational person.

Gerardo

Congratulations!

Mark Archuleta

Wauwwww you made it! Congratulations from Holland/ Amsterdam. Have fun tonight and good luck with the film. Can't wait to read your adventures ;)

Hey Koo, I'm really glad you made it ! Keep it up

Major congratulations!!

September 25, 2011

O

Hi Koo, I have the greatest respect for you! Your blog and weekly round-up keeps me on the ball and to my own shame I never properly investigated Man-child when you blitzkrieged us followers for support. Only now while doing research for my own project and going through all the data you so unselfishly shared I realized what you have accomplished and what you gave us. If you need anymore support please let us know how we can help.

p.s - If you want to start an international crew program to get people from overseas to help when you start production I will most certainly be interested!

November 10, 2011