It's That Time of Year Again - Annual 'Script Frenzy' Challenges You to 100 Pages in 30 Days
It’s the first day of April, and that can mean only one thing for those of us procrastinating on our writing — it’s Script Frenzy time. Script Frenzy is the annual script writing event that challenges writers to crank out 100 pages worth of script in 30 days. The prize? The sweet, sweet satisfaction of actually having knocked something out in a month. Here’s how it works:
The 5 Basic Rules of Script Frenzy
1) To be crowned an official Script Frenzy winner, you must write a script (or multiple scripts) of at least 100 total pages and verify this tally on ScriptFrenzy.org.
2) You may write individually or with a partner. Writing teams will have a 100-page total goal for their co-written script or scripts.
3) Scriptwriting may begin no earlier than 12:00:01 AM on April 1 and must cease no later than 11:59:59 PM on April 30, local time.
4) You may write screenplays, stage plays, web series, TV shows, short films, comic book and graphic novel scripts, adaptations of novels, or any other type of script your heart desires.
5) You must, at some point, have ridiculous amounts of fun.
For more information about what it all entails check this page out, and for great resources that cover everything from proper script format to advice on outlining and plot and character, check this page out.
Are you going to try it this year? What has your experience been in previous editions? Let us know!