All of the Latest News from NAB 2014
The No Film School crew is here in Las Vegas for NAB 2014, along with an estimated 90,000 other content creators (!). Every year at NAB there's an overwhelming amount of new filmmaking gear unveiled, so we'll be keeping track of all the breaking news over the next several days and posting the stories here in one central place. Watch the playlist above or check out all of our stories below.
- ARRI Announces They'll Begin Shipping The Lower-Cost AMIRA in April
- NAB 2014: Sony Officially Announces 4K A7s Camera, as Well as Firmware Version 4.0 for F5 & F55
- AJA is Making Cameras Now! CION is a 4K Global Shutter Cam with High Frame Rates
- Blackmagic URSA 4K Camera: Interchangeable Sensors, Flip Out 10-Inch Screen for $6K
- 2 Camera-Mounted Recorders from Atomos: 4K Shogun & Pocket-Size Ninja Star
- Blackmagic Breaks into the Broadcast Industry with a Brand New 4K Studio Camera for $3K
- New from RED: SCARLET DRAGON for $14.5K, DRAGONColor & 4K 3G-SDI Module
- JVC Enters Cinema Marketplace, Announces Four New Super-35 4K Cameras at NAB 2014
- Blackmagic Unveils DaVinci Resolve 11, & It's Now a Fully Capable Editing System!
- Out of the Sky & Into Your Hands: DJI Introduces Handheld Gimbal Stabilizer Ronin
- NAB Video: Interview with AJA on Their New CION 4K Production Camera
- NAB Video: Interview with Blackmagic President Dan May on The New URSA Camera
- NAB Video: Zacuto Shows Us Their New Gratical HD 720 OLED EVF and Z18 Tripod
- NAB Video: Convergent Design Show Off the Powerful Odyssey 7Q & Previews the 'Athena'
- Introducing the D16M, the Digital Bolex Native Black & White s16 Digital Cinema Camera
- NAB Video: Teradek Introduces Serv, a New iPad/Android Transmitter with Companion App
- NAB Video: Blackmagic Drops Two New Live Production Units with the 4K & HD Studio Cameras
- NAB Video: Kessler Demonstrates the UniDrive System, Upgrades to CineDrive and an iPad App
- NAB Video: Limelite Brings LED Daylight Tube Fixtures to Your Lighting Arsenal
- Tenba Shows Off The World's First Professional GoPro Backpack & More at NAB
- Benro Introduces Two New Tripods, the 17lb Capacity S8 & Reverse-Folding Travel Tripod
- New Full Frame Sony A7s Claims Clean 4K in Candlelight, 1080/120FPS and 4K via HDMI Out
- Digital Bolex Announces PL Mount for D16 Goes on Sale Next Month for $995
- Sony Announces F5 to F55 Upgrade, FS700 Zoom Lens Support & Optical Adapter for B4 to PL
- Kinefinity 6K for $10K Camera Coming in 2014, Plus a Look at the Sub-$6K KineMINI 4K
- Wooden Camera's New C-Box, Versatile Lens Supports and Blackmagic 4K Lens Mount Mod
- JuicedLink Unveils Little DARling, a Pocket-Sized Recorder for Discreet Audio Production
- Tiffen Shows Off the 'Steadicam Solo' & the GoPro-Specific 'Steadicam Curve' at NAB
- Over $70k of Prizes Are up for Grabs in the 'My Røde Reel' International Short Film Competition
- Atomos Shows us the 'Shogun' 4K Recorder and the $295 HDMI 'Ninja Star'
- Letus Introduces 'Helix', a Modular Gimbal Stabilizer for Less Than $5000
Rest of Show
- Edelkrone Reinvents the Slider Again, Unveils New MoCo Rigs & Pocket-Sized Movement Tools
- Panasonic Shows Off the $1,700 4K GH4 Camera & YAGH Add-On with HD-SDI Outputs & XLR
- Redrock Micro Introduces a Modular, Stylized Rig for the BMPCC, the $495 Retroflex
- Edit & Grade Footage in Real Time with SmallHD's Upgraded DP7 Monitor
- Talking with Full Sail University at NAB 2014
- A Closer Look at Panasonic's Modular 4K VariCam; Will Be Priced Below $60K
- RigWheels PortaRail: Expandable & Collapsible Dolly/Rail System That Can Fit Into One Case
- Libec Demonstrates the ALLEX Tripod System, Which Lets You Pan, Tilt, & Slide with One Rig
- Blackmagic Cinema Cameras Get Removable Batteries & HDMI with New Kinefinity Mod
- F&V Goes Big with First EVF: SpectraHD 4 Has 4.3-Inch 720P Screen & HDMI/HD-SDI
- Better Than AutoFocus: Andra Motion Focus Keeps Things Sharp Automatically
- Digital Bolex D16 Gets Firmware Update (Die, Dead Pixels!), New Rigs, & PL Mount
- Adobe CC Updates Put Some After Effects in Premiere Pro (& Vice-Versa)
- RED Introduces 6K SCARLET DRAGON & New Modules to Increase Usability
- ikan Shows Off New 2K 8.9-Inch & Full 1080p 5-Inch LCD Monitors with SDI, HDMI, & Multiple Scopes
NFS's coverage of NAB 2014 is brought to you by:
My RØDE Reel international film contest: More than $70,000 in film gear to be won. Register and get filming!
Limelite: Tell stories with light. Makers of professional LED, Fluorescent and Tungsten for Independent Filmmakers.
Subscribe to the No Film School YouTube channel for the latest video updates direct from the show floor.