A New Way to Shoot Magic Hour & What to Watch at Fall Fests [PODCAST]
In this episode of Indie Film Weekly, we uncover a new app that helps you channel your inner Terrence Malick, and get a jump on the onslaught of upcoming film festivals.
In addition to revealing the app that lets you shoot magic hour like a boss and picking some films to keep an eye out for at TIFF and NYFF, co-hosts Jon Fusco, Emily Buder, and yours truly, Liz Nord chat about Ava DuVernay’s upcoming adaptation of sci-fi classic A Wrinkle in Time (and her general awesomeness) and Sony’s attempt to catch up to RED with a new RAW file format. We also hear a clip from our interview with DANIELS about their newly released interactive short, Possibilia. As always, the show brings more news you can use about gear, upcoming grant and festival deadlines, this week’s indie film releases, our Ask No Film School segment, and other notable things you might have missed while you were busy making films.
Show Links & Mentions
No Film School articles
- Behind the Scenes of DANIELS' Daring New Breakup Film—with 16 Possible Storylines
- Jim Jarmusch, Pedro Almodóvar, Kelly Reichardt & More Headline 2016 New York Film Festival Lineup
- 'Bad Ideas No One Else Wants to Make': Meet 'Swiss Army Man' Co-Directors DANIELS
- Sony Takes Aim at RED with X-OCN
- Romanticize Your Cinematography with New App 'Golden Hour’
- Tutorial: Upgrade Your Zoom H1 Recorder with This $15 DIY Hack
Upcoming Deadlines: Grants & Opportunities
- American Zoetrope Screenplay Contest - Early Deadline August 15
- ITVS Diversity Development Fund - August 19
- Get Up to $100K from BitTorrent, Because 'F*ck Content'
Upcoming Deadlines: Festivals
- The Twin Cities Arab Film Festival - August 15
- The Flying Robot International Film Festival - August 15
- Northwest Filmmakers’ Festival - August 15