The Best 4K Under $4K & Netflix's Bad Deal [PODCAST]
In this episode of Indie Film Weekly, we reveal your best budget 4K camera options, and tell a cautionary distribution tale from the indie doc Do Not Resist.
Co-hosts Jon Fusco, Emily Buder, Charles Haine, and yours truly, Liz Nord also discuss The Black List’s annual ranking of the best unproduced screenplays and Emmy Rossum’s “shameless” battle for equal pay on the set of her hit Showtime series, and share clips from our interview with Greig Fraser, DP of the latest Star Wars film, Rogue One. As always, we update you on the latest gear news, upcoming grant and festival deadlines, this week’s indie film releases, and other notable things you might have missed while you were busy making films. Listen to the episode by streaming or downloading from the embedded player above, or find on iTunes here.
Show Links & Mentions
No Film School articles
- The Black List 2016: This Year's Best Unproduced Screenplays Revel in Fantasy and Robots
- Watch: 'The OA,' Netflix's Secret Sci-Fi Series, Gets Surprise Trailer and Release Friday
- 'Real Life is Scarier than Anything You Can Dream Up': Morgan Spurlock on Horrifying 'Rats'
- 'Neruda': How Pablo Larraín 'Discovered the Movie While Making it'
- Joel Edgerton of 'Midnight Special': Filmmaking 'All Comes Down to Point of View'
- Watch: 'Rogue One' BTS Reveals Practical Creatures True to Lucas' Original Vision
- This $2500 Suit Could Bring Motion Capture to the Masses
- Don't Buy Another Drone—Build One Yourself
- Switcher Studio Puts Live Video Switching in Your iOS Device
Upcoming Deadlines: Grants & Opportunities
Upcoming Deadlines: Festivals
- Webby Awards - final deadline 12/16
- Kansas City FilmFest - extended deadline 12/16
- The Maryland Film Festival - extended deadline 12/16
- Phoenix Film Festival - extended deadline 12/19
- Midnight Special - 12/17
- Neruda - 12/16