A Rough Start for American Filmmakers in 2017 & Full GH5 Specs Revealed [PODCAST]
This episode of Indie Film Weekly gives a CES preview and drops some disturbing news for the future of the American film industry.
Co-hosts Jon Fusco, Emily Buder, and yours truly, Liz Nord discuss how the death of America’s Section 181 filmmaking tax incentive will affect indie filmmakers. We also talk about the NoBudge Film Awards and say a sad goodbye to Carrie Fisher, Debbie Reynolds, and TIFF co-founder Bill Marshall. In Ask No Film School, we give some pointers on properly backing up your footage. Tech writer Charles Haine joins us to bring the latest gear news, including a CES preview that reveals the full Panasonic GH5 specs, and as always, we update you on upcoming grant and festival deadlines, this week’s indie film releases, and other notable things you might have missed while you were busy making films.
Listen to the episode by streaming or downloading from the embedded player above, or find on iTunes here.
Show Links & Mentions
No Film School articles
- 'It Will Break the Heart of All': Palme D'Or Winner 'I, Daniel Blake' is Pure Cinematic Empathy
- Watch All of the 2016 NoBudge Award Winning Short Films Right Here
- 'A Monster Calls': How to Direct Young Actors to Brilliant Performances [PODCAST]
- Full Specs and Price Have Been Revealed for the Panasonic Lumix GH5
- LaCie Brings USB-C/T3 to Both Rugged and Desktop Drives
- LG and Technicolor Team Up to Make the Most Accurate TV Even Better
Upcoming Deadlines: Grants & Opportunities
- Nickelodeon Writing Program - Opened January 2
- Film Independent Fast Track 2017/Sloan Fast Track Grant - Due January 9
- NEH Media Production and Media Development Grants - Due January 11
Upcoming Deadlines: Festivals
- Camden International Film Festival - Open January 5
- Docaviv International Documentary Film Festival - Due January 5
- Kew Gardens Festival of Cinema - Early Deadline January 8
- Visions du Réel - Due January 9
- Hot Docs Film Festival - January 9
- Evil Dead 2 - January 1