Sundance 2017: Everything You Missed at the Epicenter of Indie Film
Weren't in Park City with the who's who of American cinema? We've got you covered.
No Film School was on the ground at the Sundance Film Festival, the beating heart of independent cinema. Check back as we update this list with posts from the festival, which ran January 19-29, through the end of the week.
- 'Thoroughbred': Sundance's Hottest First-Time Director and Stars Anya Taylor-Joy, Olivia Cooke on Making Grisly Comedy
- The Good Postman’ Breaks Every Documentary Rule You Know—And It’s Amazing
- From 'Twilight' Star to Sundance-Winning Director: Justin Chon on Black and White 'GOOK'
- 'Berlin Syndrome': Cate Shortland Explores Sexual Captivity in Sundance's Most Horrifying Thriller
- 'You Have to Give Zero F*cks': Michelle Morgan on Writing, Acting, and Directing Sundance Comedy 'L.A. Times'
- Sundance-Winning 'Last Men in Aleppo': Making Cinema Amid Chaos and War
- Sundance Cinematography Winner 'Machines': 'Time is the Primary Unit of Cinema'
- Jeff Orlowski's Sundance-Winning 'Chasing Coral': 'Nobody Has Ever Seen This Imagery'
- 'Person to Person': Stealing Locations and Character for Sundance's Breakout Comedy
- 'Beach Rats': Sundance-Winning Director Eliza Hittman on Shooting Her Sexy, Controversial 16mm Movie
- 'City of Ghosts' Director Matthew Heineman: 'Your Camera Should Be Part of Who You Are'
- How 3 First-Time Directors Took Different Paths to Sundance
- 'Brigsby Bear': Making Stupid Little Videos Led to a $5 Million Sundance Deal
- 'Manifesto': Julian Rosefeldt Threw Out 'Bullshit' Screenwriting Rules to Direct 13 Versions of Cate Blanchett
- 'Before I Fall': Ry Russo-Young on Achieving Hollywood-Level Visuals with an Indie Budget
- 'Newness': Why Anton Yelchin's Death Inspired Drake Doremus to Make a Film in 4 Months
- 'RUMBLE': How a Rock Doc Does What History Books Won't
- How Should Independent Film Move Forward? Women of Sundance 2017 Speak Out
- ‘Memories of a Penitent Heart’: When Your Film Puts Your Own Family on the Line
- Jennifer Brea Filmed Her Sundance Premiere Without Leaving Bed — And it Saved Her Life
- 'My Life as a Zucchini': How to Bring Your Audience to Tears with Puppets
Panels & Talks
- 7 Ways to Crack the Code of TV Writing, from Writers of 'Transparent,' 'Six Feet Under,' 'Grey's Anatomy,' and More
- Are You Making Ethical Movies? Sundance Filmmakers on Creating 'Fierce' and 'Active' Art
- 7 Important Lessons All Filmmakers Should Learn About Shooting 4K
- 'You Can't Write This Sh*t': The Evolution of the Doping Doc 'ICARUS'
- How to Find Your Directing Style: Sundance Auteurs Share Lessons Learned
- Dear Film Industry: It's Time to Change the Things You Should Not Accept
- 6 Ways to Create Engaging Interactive Worlds
- Does Editing Make You a Better Director? Sundance Alumni Weigh In
News & Analysis
- Do International Films at Sundance Suggest a Global Growth of Independent Film?
- How To Make Sundance Work For You: A DP’s Perspective
- Sundance's Biggest Deal: Netflix Vies for an Oscar Winner with 'Mudbound'
- Here Are the Official Winners of the Sundance Film Festival Awards
- Infographic: Cameras and Lenses Used on Sundance 2017 Films
- These Sundance Films Are Coming to Amazon and Netflix
- Meet the Sundance 2017 Short Film Award Winners
- Looking for the Freshest Films at Sundance? Seek Out the Shorts
- 'Do Not Despair—Resist!' Sundance Filmmakers Join Thousands for Women’s March
- How and Why Documentary Filmmakers at Sundance Are Using VR
- The Sundance Film Festival is Political, Despite Itself
- Watch: Every Sundance 2017 Movie Trailer
- Why Sundance 2017 is Poised to be a Breakthrough Year for VR
- The Sundance Hype is Real & RED Helium's Record-Breaking Sensor [PODCAST]
- 9 Films We're Most Excited to See at Sundance 2017
For more, see our complete coverage of the 2017 Sundance Film Festival. No Film School's video and editorial coverage of the 2017 Sundance Film Festival is sponsored by RODE Microphones.