Canon EF-S Prime Specs Leaked: 35mm Macro Lens
New Canon specs have leaked, confirming rumors that its new 35mm lens is macro.
Over the weekend, Canon Rumors reported that the specs for the new Canon glass had been leaked: the Canon EF-S prime will be a 35mm f/2.8 M IS STM.
Confirming previous speculation about the "M" in the name, the lens is indeed macro. It features built-in LED lights for macro illumination (same as the EF-M 28mm f/3.5 Macro IS STM).
Below are the full leaked specs:
- Lens construction: 6 10 sheets group (one glass molded aspherical lens)
- Aperture number of blades: seven (circular aperture)
- Minimum Focusing Distance: 0.13 m (working distance 3 cm)
- Maximum shooting magnification: 1 time
- Image stabilization effect: Approximately 4 stops
- Filter diameter: 49 mm (with lens hood ES – 27)
- Size: 55.8 x 69.2 mm
- Weight: Approx. 190 g
- Macro light mounted
- Hybrid IS
- Lead screw type STM
The lens will be officially announced this Thursday, April 6.