Why the Judges Cried at Cannes & Canon's Leaked Camera [PODCAST]
In this episode of Indie Film Weekly: an affordable new camera from Canon that might top the C300, and our field report from the 70th Cannes Film Festival.
Jon Fusco, Emily Buder, and yours truly, Liz Nord reveal the film that got Jessica Chastain and Pedro Almodovar teary-eyed at Cannes, and a lot more about the best and worst of the world's pre-eminent film festival from this year. We also discuss Canon's latest offering—a camera whose specs were leaked ahead of this week's Cine Gear Expo in Los Angeles. In Ask No Film School, we share some tips on finding a job in the film industry.
As always, the show also brings news you can use about gear, upcoming grant and festival deadlines, this week’s indie film releases, and other notable things you might have missed while you were busy making films.
Listen to the episode by streaming or downloading from the embedded player above, or find on iTunes here.
Show Links & Mentions
No Film School articles
- Why Michael Haneke's Cinematographer Christian Berger Invented Analog Tech to Preserve Natural Light
- 'The Killing of a Sacred Deer': Yorgos Lanthimos and Nicole Kidman on Cannes' Most Perverse Movie
- Watch: Are Superhero Movies Dying? 'Logan' and 'Deadpool' Reveal the State of the Genre
- 'AWOL': Why Deb Shoval Fought for Her Personal Casting Choice
- 10 Revealing Lessons from Alfonso Cuarón's Cannes Masterclass: 'My Films Are Like Ex-Wives'
- 'Loveless': Andrey Zvyagintsev Reveals How the Anguish of Russia is in All of Us
- John Carroll Lynch on How to Be an Actors' Dream Director and What it's Like Working with David Lynch [PODCAST]
- Canon C200 Offers Internal Raw for $7500
- Manfrotto's Nitrotech N8 Fluid Video Head Recalled
- Kodak Opens Labs in Major Cities to Make Shooting on Film More Accessible Than Ever
Upcoming Deadlines: Grants & Opportunities
Upcoming Deadlines: Festivals
- The Salesman - June 1
- Blue Velvet - June 1