September 10, 2014 at 1:23PM

Has anyone shot with the DAF upgraded C100?

Looking for examples of content shot on the C100 with the DAF upgrade.

Post any links below.

6 Comments

Philip Bloom did a video for Canon Pro talking about the DAF upgrade with the C100 (http://www.usa.canon.com/cusa/professional/standard_display/eos_c100_fea...) and he did a pretty good job explaining it.

By the looks of it - the dual auto focus is really good except that it works only when the subject in the center. Fortunately you can press a button and hold focus so if your subject is moving to one edge of the frame it will still hold focus.

September 11, 2014 at 1:10PM

Aaron Allsop
Producer

Cool, thanks Aaron. Very helpful. If anyone has content they have shot with it, I'd love to see it.

September 12, 2014 at 1:01PM

ryan mcdaid
Program Director for NO FUN FILM CLUB

Cool, thanks Aaron. Very helpful. If anyone has content they have shot with it, I'd love to see it.

ryan mcdaid

ryan mcdaid

The C100 AF upgrade works very nice for me. It's accurate and swift. Not too quick, it is almost like a hand pull. It produces some light noise as well, that is the lens of course. It is a great help in focus pulling!
The above mentioned Philip Bloom review is a good example of what you can expect.

No solution is perfect. You can benefit a lot from this update.

September 18, 2014 at 3:00AM

Here is a good review that includes the content shot by these guys:

http://fenchel-janisch.com/review-canon-c100-with-auto-focus-upgrade

Main point -- AF is nice, love it. But it is center point only. Sooo....

If you've been spoiled by the likes of 70D, GH4, or the A7, the no-touch screen center autofocus is going to annoy you until you give up.

If you have not yet been spoiled by the touchscreen autofocus then you'll think that what Canon offers with the C100 upgrade is the life itself. ^_^

Good luck!

September 18, 2014 at 10:25PM

Alex Zakrividoroga
Director

Your Comment