February 23, 2015 at 12:27PM
Next stage of gear investment (£1500/$2300 to spend...)
I'm looking for some advice on what gear to invest in next. My local enterprise centre have a grant scheme of £1500 (about $2300) for young people starting a company. I shoot mostly promotional videos for businesses, but have a passion for film making too.
I have a few different ideas on how to invest this, but could do with some help!
Here are the main things I have:
- Panasonic GH4 with 12-35 f/2.8 Lumix G lens.
- Rode VideoMic Pro and a cardioid lavalier mic. No external audio recorder.
- a 528 LED light, with reflector.
- A decent computer (doesn't need upgraded).
Here are some things I'm thinking of investing in:
- Metabones Speedbooster with a couple Samyang cine lenses.
- More lighting gear
- a decent rig with follow-focus, matte box etc.
- Better audio gear i.e external recorder/pre-amp, wireless lav, better shotgun mic etc.
- A second camera? My current B-cam is a Canon 60D.
Or roughly broken down into; lenses, lighting, audio, rig and camera!
Obviously, I can't get all of this stuff, but would appreciate some advice on what would be the best investment for both corporate and personal work.