The SmallHD OLED 22 is a Pro-Level 4K Monitor for 'Color Purists'
SmallHD comes through with a 4K OLED monitor for DPs, colorists, and DITs looking to upgrade from HD.
After two years of development, SmallHD has just announced its new OLED 22 4K Production Monitor, a lightweight reference-grade unit that has plenty of features that will make professional filmmakers happy.
Built into a rugged, unibody chassis made of milled-aluminum, the OLED 22 features a 21.6" screen, 3840 x 2160 resolution, 10-bit color depth, 350 nit brightness, 8 12G-SDI and 2 HDMI 2.0 ports that enable 4K signal processing, 36 1/4" -20 mounting points, and removable handle and feet.
Also, it features Rec 709 color gamuts, which generate "true-to-life" color reproduction, as well as Teradek Bolt 4K compatibility, which allows users to use the two units in tandem to go cable-free with zero delay.
- 21.6" screen
- 3840 x 2160 resolution
- 10-bit color depth
- 100% P3 / 135% Rec 709 color gamuts
- 350 nits
- >1,000,000:1 contrast ratio with an absolute black point
- (x8) 12G-SDI/two HDMI 2.0 ports
- (x36) 1/4" -20 mounting points
- (x2) hot-swappable power inputs (3-pin XLR/slide-on Dual Battery Plate)
- (x2) 2-pin locking accessory outputs
- Removable handle and feet
- Teradek Bolt 4K compatible
- PageOS 4 support (waveforms, improved false color, and dual/quad viewing
- Weight: 9.3 lbs
With a price tag of $11,999, the OLED 22 is clearly not a monitor for casual users...and that's just the limited-time introductory price. Full retail is $14,999. Shipping is expected to begin August 2020.
But the OLED 22 isn't the only monitor included in SmallHD's line of 4K HDR Production Monitors. Others in the collection include the Vision 24, Vision 17, and the Cine 24, all of which are available now with special introductory pricing.