Kudos on the censoring of the horse's genitalia with the flower.
Hi Bryden. I use a Swees powerbank, bought on Amazon UK. It's not much bigger than a smartphone/phablet, so at least for me it's pocketable. It takes forever to completely discharge, I just don't worry anymore about battery duration. You can find lots of similar powerbanks on Amazon, Ebay or Aliexpress, some even better, with 12V output and other extras, like lanterns and solar panels. It's safe to use because of the regulated USB voltage capacity (I hope I did not say some stupid).
I get that nofilmschool is all about tips and ideas for people learning the craft, but this article doesn't bring anything new to the table, however the title implies that someone found a breakthrough in battery management, while this dummy battery has been around for (not literally, I think) centuries. A even more affordable solution, maybe not as elegant, at least in the case of this camera, is to use a powerbank and a USB cable. I have been using a 26500mAh powerbank with the A7SII that fits in my pocket and cost less than $30USD, while providing power for the whole day. Also, if I need to, I can just unplug it whenever I want/need, without powering the camera off, because I keep a fully charged battery in the camera. For me it works, I understand other cameras might not accept being powered by USB, thou.
Not suitable for the colorblind.
Congratulations to nofilmschool for such a great article. It has been a long time since I saw this kind of good quality content here, and I check the site daily, hope this means the site is on the right track once more. And also, congratulations to the filmmaker for such a stunning work, I too look at some pictures and think about the cinematic possibilities behind them, but you really went ahead and made it. Can't wait to see it. Thanks for the inspiration.
I use Annotation Edit. It's so much simpler to use. I translated and captioned 3 interviews (arround 30 minutes each) in less than 6 hours. I guess that's pretty impressive. I used Quick Spotting (creates the captions according to waveform) and exported a png image sequence and a final cut xml, which I then open in premiere and that's it. I can also export an xml with titles and then I'm even able to edit within premiere, but there are some bugs with this workflow, it screws the fonts and positions, I'm still getting a hand of it.