If you've been itching to get your hands on a quadcopter, now might be the perfect time to do so.
The price of DJI's Phantom 2 has dropped to $683 on Amazon, a savings of over $400. This iteration of the Phantom series, which already dominates the aerial cinematography game, builds upon the original with its gimbal system (H3-2D, H3-3D or H4-3D) for more stable shooting up in the air. The quadcopter currently on sale comes equipped with the H3-3D gimbal system.
You can see just how stable it is in this demo:
And here's a montage of some volcanic eruptions to show how the Phantom 2 performs:
- Ready to Fly, Multifunctional Quad-rotor System
- Customized H3-2D and H3-3D Gimbal Support
- Precision Flight and Stable Hovering
- 25min Flight Time & Smart Battery
- Auto Return-to-Home & Landing
- Advanced Power Management
- Intelligent Orientation Control (IOC)
- Easy Battery Replacement
- Self-tightening Propeller
- Video Downlink Support
- CAN-Bus Expansion Module
With NAB just a few short days away, this sale makes one wonder if DJI is preparing to unveil something new -- the Phantom 3 perhaps? We'll just have to wait and see.
The sale is only going on for the next 14 hours, so if you're ready to buy, you might want to do it now.