December 16, 2015 at 5:35AM
BMPCC: Help me, for I'm stuck in the arranging of my kit.
I think I've mentioned it before, but I've recently purchased a BMPCC and a Sigma 18-35 f/1.8 (Canon mount). I got the Canon because I own a 50mm for stills and I thought it was the way to go.
The list of items I'm going after is:
- Metabones speedbooster
- Sandisk Extreme Pro 64GB 95MB/s (2) or a 128GB one.
- Anker Astro Pro2 20000
- Aputure Light Storm LS 1s
- X-Rite ColorChecker or Lastolite EzY Balance
- Tascam DR-60 MKII
- Sennheiser MKE 600
- Tilta / Moza cage
- Monitor / Viewfinder
- ND Filter
The next logical step is getting the metabones speedbooster, but having asked in the BMCuser board and after having read Guy's advice about going Nikon and manual, I don't know if I should reconsider, return the Canon Sigma (I still have time) and get a Nikon one.
1. I intend to get some cine lenses eventually. If I stick to the EF Metabones, could I benefit of its focal length reduction? Or because of it being electronic I wouldn't be able to make it work at all with fully manual lenses?
2. The Anker battery seems a very affordable solution, but I always get a 'meh' reaction about it. Is there something wrong with it I should know? Would it be enough to power both camera body and metabones?
3. I was certain about getting the Light Storm, mostly because of this video and the daylight effect the guy gets out of it
but some BMCuser talked me out of it, advising me to go for a three fresnel lights kit instead. Should I? Could I get a daylight effect with a three fresnels kit at the price of the Aputure? If that's the case, could you recommend an affordable kit to go for and the features I should look for?
4. Can I do without a colorchecker if I get the lastolite ezy balance?
5. I may not have enough budget to get a proper video tripod (my old manfrotto for stills will have to do for the moment) nor a monitor, but I've been told I can do without them since I mostly want to shoot indoors narrative material.
If I don't get a monitor and plan to record audio separately, do I really need the cage for the pocket?
Any help and advice will be appreciated.