April 10, 2018 at 5:15PM
Canon "Stop Fakes" Public Service Announcement Video Contest
Canon USA has partnered with the National Crime Prevention Council to promote awareness around the safety risks of using counterfeit power accessories, such as batteries, chargers, and external flashes.
The Video must include at least one of the following tips for combating counterfeit products:
(1) Purchase from an authorized dealer or the manufacturer;
(2) Be careful when buying through foreign sites;
(3) Beware of “too good to be true” prices;
(4) Check to make sure the package is of high quality;
(5) Beware of suspicious messaging;
(6) Check to make sure your battery fits easily in your device;
(7) Check for overheating;
(8) Make sure your battery holds a charge;
(9) Compare logos for consistency;
(10) When in doubt, let the manufacturer check it out.
You can submit one new original video per day, so get creating! Submissions are due by April 23rd.
Video must not exceed twenty-seven seconds in length.
Click the link below for Official Rules and more details.
EOS 5D Mark IV EF 24-105mm f/4L IS II USM Kit + Sponsor may air the winner’s Video as a public service announcement.
First Runner-up Prize:
EOS M 50 Video Creator Kit
Second Runner-Up Prize:
PowerShot G7X Mark II Video Creator Kit
Open to legal residents of the fifty United States and the District of Columbia who are eighteen years of age or older.