September 11, 2014 at 4:24PM
General tips on filmmaking
I started a list of key things to do and remember as a filmmaker. Add to them an comment to create an ultimate filmmakers tips guide.
1. Make connections with EVERYONE and let them know you're serious about your work
2. Be professional (be the awe in awesome when people talk about you)
3. Be prepared, the only way to make an impression is to be better than your competitors (have a script or storyboard in your back pocket when you tell people about yourself)
4. Be confident, a lot of filmmakers consider their work a hobby not a life. Be proud of your work ( even be proud of mistakes you learned from)
5. Fail. If you can't take criticism and move on to be better, this may not be your chosen field of expertise
6. Network. Be it through FB, NFS, YouTube or anywhere else, show your work, take names and numbers of everyone you meet (even people who don't work in film), and keep them until you die. You never know when someone you used to know may come in handy or becomes the new Spielberg
7. Never stop. Always be in a production mode. Settling down and getting comfortable in life will get you nowhere. Own every moment you live, own it with film.