November 2, 2020 at 8:52AM

Looking for advice on buying a cine camera kit for under $10,000

Hello all,

Recently I have been looking into buying a cinema camera to start doing some small corporate/music videos. I've been working as a PA on big commercials in the Detroit area for the last year to gain some experience and save up some money and I'd like to start pursuing more camera related roles on my own as well.

I've been trying to research which camera would be right for me but there is a lot of information out there and I'd love to feedback if anyone has more knowledge than I do! I'm looking to buy a camera kitted out for around $10,000 or under. So far I've been looking at buying used C300 Mark ii's, C200's, Ursa Mini Pro G2's, Fs5's/7's though I think the FS7's may get a little more pricey.
I've also seen some people talking about buying the RED Dragon 6k used if you can find a good price for that package but I'm not too familiar with that camera but I wouldn't be opposed to getting into the RED ecosystem for a good price. Online I can find some packages that include everything for around 7k but I'm not sure if that camera is outdated and if I'd be better off going for one of the others I listed or something I have completely overlooked!

Any advice would be greatly appreciated! Thank you very much!

Your Comment