January 31, 2018 at 1:04PM
Production 101 for Filmmakers
Learn the nitty gritty details of making a film with Winter Film Awards. Filmmakers love nothing more than chatting endlessly about cameras and equipment and stories and scripts. But what about all that other stuff you need to deal with in order to make a film? This panel will cover everything you need to know about the nitty-gritty bits needed to produce your film, including getting Music, Scheduling, Budgeting, Insurance, Permits, Immigration Legal Issues, Publicity, Software and more!
Get answers to all the questions you were afraid to ask, such as …
* How do you put together a budget for a film when you have no money? Can I do the whole thing in Excel?
* Gack! How do you get cast, location and crew to the right place at the right time?
* What about permits? Do you really need them?
* Do you need Worker’s Comp insurance? Equipment insurance? Other insurance?
* How do you select the music for your film? What about copyright issues?
* How do you get publicity if you don’t have any celebrities in your film?
* If you are a filmmaker looking to use non-citizens in your film, what are the rules?
* There are a ton of different editing packages out there. How do you get the most out of your purchase?