May 14, 2016 at 1:58PM

41

Audio In Adobe Premier

Hello, all.

This may seem like a very "easy" forward question but after searching the net and youtube I still haven't found what I need.

I recently wrapped a short and had a dual system audio setup. Syncing the audio in Premier hasn't been an issue 80% of the time. However, the audio from the camera had issues on the other 20% so I can't use the handy - select both clips, right click, select merge clips - method.

So I cut the video and audio separately and then dropped them into the timeline. But, now I can't select both (command and click doesn't allow it) to merge/sync them.

Does anyone have an easy answer on manually lining them up (syncing) and then linking them so I can move them together in my timeline?

Thanks in advance.

2 Comments

if you have a clip with wrong (sinched audio) and good audio, you can select in project window both, click right button of mouse and autosinch them.
If you have on timeline video and audio clip you must allow to select both to sinch, connect them, if not mean you have a locked track, locked clip, you not work with selection tool, and more... but usually you can manage video and audio different clip and connect together.

May 22, 2016 at 8:31AM

0
Reply
avatar
Carlo Macchiavello
Director
775

I'd say the best method is to mark an in point on both the audio and video at the same moment in time and then merge the clips. If you've lined them up in a timeline then you can use the match frame function to locate the same frame in each clip and then mark an in point.

February 20, 2017 at 2:44AM

0
Reply
avatar
Andrew McKee
Film Editor / Colourist / Educator
41

Your Comment