Boards > Questions
Ask a Question
I'm looking to upgrade my camera for 2016. I currently own a Nikon D3300 . My budget is $1000 (Canadian dollars... *sigh*).
Given your budget I would take a look at the Nikon D7100 camera, which shoots very good video ( very little aliasing or moire ), has 11-stops of dynamic range when shooting video with the right image profile, has a head-phone jack to monitor audio, is a fantastic still-photo camera. Aden Camera here in Toronto sells this camera for $880 Canadian, so it's well within your budget.
Vimeo Nikon D7100 Grouphttps://goo.gl/8BuQcv
January 31, 2016 at 9:27AM
Whats the difference between the Nikon D5300 and D7100? I see the D5300 has a flip out screen.
January 31, 2016 at 9:58AM
>>>Whats the difference between the Nikon D5300 and D7100?
In terms of specs they are pretty similar. Here are a few things that I know of...
- D7100 : has a headphone jack so you can monitor audio recorded by your camera.
- D5300 : It's possible to monitor camera audio if you connect a HDMI monitor to your camera and the monitor has a headphone jack.
- D7100 : Better AF system when taking still-photos
- D7100 : Micro adjustments with still-photo AF system for perfect focus
- D7100 : Brighter viewfinder makes it easier to view your subject
- D7100 : AFP Flash sync for still photos ( sync at higher shutter speeds )
- D7100 : Larger battery lasts longer when shooting
- D7100 : much heavier built metal frame so it will take more abuse than the D5300.
- D7100 : weather sealed body so you can shoot in harsher conditions.
Nikon D7100 vs Nikon D5300http://cameradecision.com/compare/Nikon-D7100-vs-Nikon-D5300
January 31, 2016 at 1:48PM, Edited January 31, 1:53PM