April 12, 2017 at 4:57PM

Lens advice for panasonic gx80/85

Hi all :)

I've just purchased a panasonic gx80/85 for a pretty low price with the intention of getting into creating travel videos, taking inspiration from people like matt komo and his content on youtube

such as https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TM9dxPPmkK4 at 3:07 onwards.

Im familiar with all the basic features of dslrs and have used them for several years in work although normally with only 1 lens in an indoor setting. video is a relatively new game to me and trying to learn as much as i can as fast as i can and appreciate the help from here so far :)

Can anyone help recommend a few lens that would be a good investment considering what i want to film. ideally id like something that has a fairly wide angle to capture grade outdoor / landscape footage like in matts video. If possible id like this to be in the £250 region (happy to buy used too) and also any suggestions on a lens that is able to do fairly good portrait / semi close in shots of objects or people, again around a similar price or cheaper. I don't know if this is possible in my budget or really where to look so any advice or guidance is truly appreciated.

Thanks
Joe

1 Comment

I would take a look at either new or used Samyang lenses, which should be in your budget range. They are native Micro 4/3 lenses with manual aperture and focus, and are pretty fast. ( the Rokinon lenses are re-branded Samyang lenses )

April 12, 2017 at 6:44PM

Guy McLoughlin
Video Producer

Your Comment