November 19, 2014 at 2:04AM
Micro Four Thirds - A few questions
I'm an aspiring filmmaker and an absolute newbie to 99% of what gets discussed on this site. Almost everyday, there's an article or a discussion in here that opens my mind to new possibilities. And boy, am I glad for NFS.
I'm saving up for a BMPCC and an entire rig to go with it. As of now though, I'm shooting with my Canon 550D, editing in Premiere and trying out Davinci Resolve to color grade my footage. I have a few questions based on all these things and would be infinitely grateful if anyone can help.
1. Will a Metabones Speedbooster completely eliminate the BMPCC's crop factor?
2. I shoot using the cinestyle profile using the RWA setting on my 550D. But resolve refuses to recognize it. Do I have to convert the video to LOG. If so How do I do it?
3. Applying LUT on my footage always ends up becoming a disaster. What am I doing wrong?
4. Although I love the blockbuster look, are there any tutorials out there that help me get the look that's like in the film below?
5. What's the ethical thing to do when I use free music? Is crediting the artist enough?
These are a few questions that's frustrating me a bit. If anyone can help, I would be seriously grateful.