November 24, 2015 at 1:58AM

sony f-65 for 4.000 euro? Can this be true?

Hey gang,

So I recently came across this ad on a Belgian second hand website (think the Belgian ebay). It offered a second hand sony f-65 in good state for only 4.000 euro. When I asked him the seller how he could offer a camera that cost 65.000 dollars just a couple of years ago for only 4.000, his response was: "That's the price in our days." Now could this really be the deal of a lifetime or is it too good to be true?
I was wondering that same thing about a Red one going for 1.800 on that same site.

3 Comments

sorry, I mean, 1.600. The asking price for the Red one is 1.600 euro

November 24, 2015 at 2:09AM

Generally speaking, if a deal seems too good to be true, it is. Do your due diligence. What method would you have to pay with? Is there a system for reputation (like ebay has)? What safeguards do you have against them keeping your money? Do you get to test this product before you purchase it? Is it possible that it's for parts?

All of the above is under the assumption that it isn't a scam. My gut tells me it's a scam though. Feel free to post a link to the site you've mentioned. However, I understand if you're worried someone here will snatch it up. Good luck!

November 24, 2015 at 12:40PM

RJ Ortiz
Cinematographer

Even if the price was this good, the support gear required to shoot with this camera would be a big deal for many shooters. I have seen the Sony F35 cameras on eBay for less than $10,000 and these were originally priced at $250K when they first came out.

November 24, 2015 at 12:44PM, Edited November 24, 12:44PM

Guy McLoughlin
Video Producer

Your Comment