April 19, 2017 at 6:46PM


Suggestions on where to rent or acquire curved Dana Dolly track

Hello. On an upcoming shoot, I need to be able to move a camera through two doorways in a semi-circle movement with a radius of about 2 feet. The doorways are too narrow for a typical dolly/track, and we are looking for something smoother than a steadicam/gimbal. The best solution that I have come up with for this problem is to use a Dana Dolly on curved track. However, it looks like the typical curved Dana Dolly Track has too large of a radius for our needs. Does anyone have any suggestions on where to acquire curved track for this purpose? (A rental would be the ideal option, but we could also purchase something if need be)



April 23, 2017 at 2:54PM, Edited April 23, 2:56PM

Josh Wilkinson
Music Video Director/DP

Yes, I can't remember which one it is - Birnes and Sawyer or maybe Alan Gordon; But one of them rents a Dana Dolly track system made by Matthews (Price around $1000) which is a 90 track than can be pieced together to form a 180, 270 or 360.

There is also the cheaper Dana Dolly curved track made by American Grip but that only goes 1/4 of a circle and cannot be connected.

We did not end up renting it, but Check around as I know it exists.

May 3, 2017 at 11:58AM

Gene Sung
DP / Director

Your Comment