I personally would never go the windows route myself -- but only because I too have way to many hours invested in mac software and 4 macs in the house already. I did go the Mac Pro route last December and had to take the thing back after about 30 days. It is still very buggy. If you need to move now a maxed out BTO iMac should do. I ended up with top of the line pre-built and I am not happy with it. My previous 3yo BTO iMAc was much faster. If you can wait they did announced the iMac Pro on June 5 -- though do wait for a few weeks or months after release considering what a hot mess the Mac Pro never stopped being.