The story and overall vibe of the short is terrible, but where not critiquing the production team - we're looking at the image and usability of a camera.
If you can't see from a number of these shots that this camera will making shooting an easier process, then you're not really paying attention to the right bits.
- 15 stops of DR is wonderful when you don't have a whole lot of light control.
- Low noise hold in the shadows is unimaginably helpful when shooting - (again, when you don't have a whole lot of light control)
- If you have shot with the C300, you understand it's a tried a true piece of equipment for a massive amount of DP's and Operators - Hence the enormous success of the camera and the fact it's rarely on the shelf at a hire company.
- You also understand the build quality is great, it can take a beating and keep rolling.
- The data is almost always safe, unless the camera is incinerated haha - This cannot be said for a lot of cameras i.e BMD
- Dual recording modes is awesome for a clean post workflow and on set media redundancy
So many wins!
I would happily pay an extra few Pesos for reliability, customer/product support, redundancy and of course many stops of ND's, awesome low light capability and enormous DR!
Apparently Black Magic are going to notify the release of a further 18 cameras between now and the end of NAB!! I'm saaaaaaaa excited to see how many more cameras will be released at NAB this year, I hope there are at least 60 new cameras on the market by the end of 2015. Can't wait to shoot with them all.
For me, I like the vintage glass look bro! - I'm a bit sick of outrageously sharp images, depending on the project it can sometimes feel too clinical. I'm amazed at the image from this camera! Do you have the ungraded shots anywhere? I'm interested in the colour coming off the sensor. Really nice work dude!
Nice. Going to buy for sure.
Not really a fan of this commercial, felt like this was a half failed attempt at a really ambitious, cool idea, that didn't quite come across as well as the DP had envisaged.