I think the Tangent Ripple should be on the list ... at least an honorable mention
Or surfboard racks work too.
It's the exact same system... so here's how I broke it down as far as my decision
- cheaper $1298 shipped no tax
- comes assembled
- ships about 5 days in US
- comes with software/firmware pre-installed
- monitor mount included
- comes with quick release plate
- support is via email or I was going to rely on Emm from Cheesycam :)
2. AllSteady 5PRO
- cost was about $1600 after tax and an extra battery or monitor mount
- local to me (Orange, CA)
- they will support the product and they seem to be accessible Mon to Fri - 9am - 5pm
- parts came from the same system but some screws were replaced by TurboAce
- does not come with adjustable plate (I have an extra Manfrotto 377 quick release)
I decided to go with the AllSteady 5PRO as I thought that the screws they replaced were probably worth $50 or so... support is definitely worth it when needed. I never know when the firmware is going to crap out on me.
Just put in my order for AllSteady 5PRO yesterday... It will come in a week. I think they get the product and they replace the parts that they added to the DIY system. Then they load up the software then. It will be fun I am sure... Will update everyone further.
Just ordered the Allsteady 5PRO .. will come next week. After tax and accessory (video mount), it came up to $1600 .. which is still only $300 ... I figured I would pay for support.
Plus.. TurboAce added a smart battery (not the RC LiPo) and some screws were changed to update the gimbal to be toolless... which is great! I thought that is worth $300 more than the CAME 7800