Carey Lee Coffey
I don't know how you put the vaporware "Craft Camera" in the same category as the fastest Macbook Pro ever created.
This is not a good example of "unreliable narrator". This is the writer using the character as a vessel to blatantly lie to the audience in order to trick us. This is a cheap gimmick. I don't even consider this to be a true use of "unreliable narrator".
I'm currently writing a script with an unreliable narrator, and it works beautifully. It's a powerful technique, if used correctly. I'm not using my character as a vessel to deliver my agenda to the audience. My character is truly unreliable. He's a pathological liar. HE BELIEVES HIS OWN LIES. He is not tricking the audience. They KNOW that he's lying. This is a good use of the "unreliable narrator" technique. The audience has to infer that the character is lying to them. This way, we haven't pissed off the audience by tricking them. The moral of the story is: don't trick your audience with transparent gimmicks. They're smarter than you might think.
I could not disagree more.
This is the best MacBook Pro I have ever owned.
- I love the super thin design. It's perfectly balanced... a work of art.
- The new space gray color is perfect. I like the new subtle apple logo better than the old one and I like that they removed the chime.
- I love the fingerprint sensor. Super fast access.
- I love the Touchbar - it's a HELL of a lot better than a row of function keys. Very useful in FCPX.
- I like that they got rid of the magsafe - it scratched up the side of the computer anyway.
- I love the 4 new USB-C ports - apple is always two steps in future and I'm there with them. Being able to charge from any port, having one style of port for everything, plug in the cord either way, Thunderbolt 3... GENIUS.
- The screen is incredible.
- The speakers are awesome.
- I type faster on the new keyboard because the keys are closer together. Best keyboard I've ever owned. Clicky? Yes. Don't type next to someone while they're sleeping.
- Large trackpad.
- I got the maxed out 15" and it's faster than any MacBook Pro ever made. That's good enough for me.
This new Mac has gotten a ton of bad press, but it's the nicest computer I've ever owned. And I've owned a new Mac, every year, since 2003.