5/10A, Telipara Lane, Dhakuria
Mobile: (0) 9007830764
E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org / email@example.com in.linkedin.com/pub/debasish-poddar/3b/518/a03/
Highly Gifted, creative, energetic and enthusiastic Film Director with over ten years experience in supervising and coordinating design, live action, visual effects, 3D and editorial projects, as well as writing outlines, storyboards and scripts; directing the cast and crew, recording audio and video, editing the video and mixing the sound; taking the lead on cutting television commercials, deciding on posters, billboards, and other marketing material, and negotiating distribution deals with the exhibitors.
• Strong working knowledge of lighting instruments, cameras, microphones, editing equipment and computers.
• Strong high creative management.
• Strong ability to multitask, confidence in leading project teams, and work well under pressure.
• Sound ability to independently manage creative projects in a fast-paced environment.
• Strong working knowledge of Mac-based production tools including Excel, Word, Photoshop, and Illustrator.
• Deep understanding of creative production tools including Flame, Smoke, Chroma shoot, Combustion, After Effects, Final Cut Pro,
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community.
• Uncommon skill in organizing resources and establishing priorities.
• Remarkable ability to utilize advanced audio and video recording, mastering and editing techniques.
• Great creative decision-making skills.
• Excellent ability to plan, organize and coordinate media activities and special events.
- An open minded but focused, passionate and creative person with an excellent ability to show the vision.
- Excellent observation power to visualize the concept.
- Expertise in all technical and production house’s work of a film.
- Skilled in completing the project on time.
- Excellent capabilities to control and manage a set and the team of actors, producers and staff.
- Expertise in working with a team and making healthy relationship with each other. - Originality
- Able to command respect
- Has trust in his team's capabilities
- Open minded but focused
- Easy to work with
- Good time management skills
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to visualize the finished project and clarity of vision.
- Unmatchable communication skills in verbal and written both.
- Tactful, flexible and good time management skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Excellent in basic use of computer, PPT designing
- Proficient in working with music mixer and all the apparatus of shooting a film.
Key Responsibilities handled
- Responsible for overseeing creative aspects of a film under the overall control of the film producer.
- Develops the vision for a film and carry out the vision –
- Responsible for turning the script into a sequence of shots
- Responsible for deciding camera angles, lens effects and lighting with the help of the cinematographer.
- Responsible for set design with the production designer.
- Coordinate with the actors' moves or blocking and also involved in the writing, financing and editing of a film.
- Works with the editor to ensure that the emotions of the scene and the close ups, mid-shots and wide or long shots.
- Send out script to numerous name actors, agencies, management companies, directors, financiers, distributors, other producers, studios, etc., follow up with everyone, and deal with each of their personal artistic or marketing concerns about the story, etc.
- Manage all project communications (client and internal) while leading production teams.
- Manage detailed budgets, supervise the budgeting process, approve major expenses and make weekly progress reports to Manager of Finance.
- Make sure that all the equipment needed for shoots are set.
- Manage editing, scoring, and marketing and distribution.
- Recruit and hires the talent who will work on the project.
- Supervise the creation of films and plays.
- Perform crisis management.
Date of Birth: 18 October 1978 Sex/Marital Status: Male/Unmarried Educational Qualification: M.com, CA (Inter) Language: English/ Hindi/Bengali
Film Studies from Jadavpur University (2005) Film Course from Nandan, organized by West Bengal Film Centre (2005) Dance and Singing Appreciation Course from Rajyo Sangeet academy (2006) Diploma in Film Making from National Institute of Film and Fine Arts (NIFFA, 2006)
I have been working with a theater group “Raj Theatre” as a actor since (2001-09), done 225 Shows in Kolkata and Bengal.
1. ANDHOKARER AYNAI (1st Bengali Drama which use in Kolkata, Metro Rail on stage) 2. MOHER BARSHA (A unique play about the joint family system, a great message giving play)
3. PHOENIX (The Play highlights issue of communalism and crisis of national identity) 4. HAISA MALO (Fiction between farmer and Industrialist) 5. CHANNA CHARA A (Comedy Drama on a fraud astrologer)
Participating Inter National Dramatic Competition on Orissa.
Participating National Level Drama Competition in Lucknow.
Directed Diploma Film ‘ANABRITO’ (Not Hidden, 2006).This Film has been screened on many festivals in Kolkata,Mumbai,Kerala and Siliguri.
Dubbed in many Feature films, Short films and AD’s.
Work as a Chief Assistant Director of many Short Films.
Technical Advisor and Creative Director of many Short Films.
Worked many Short Films as an Actor i.e Taurus, Nishobd, Mirror etc.
Edited film named ‘Teto Valentine’ Directed by Sudipta Banerjee.
Working Experience with National Award Winner Director Buddhadeb Dasgupta’s film ‘KALPURUSH’ (2005).
Chief assistant director for a French Film ‘LONG JOURNEY TO KOLKATA’ Directed by Julie Gauvaim (2006).
I have made the digital film DISHA Producing, Story, Screenplay, Editing and Direction by myself 2006.
Chief Assistant Director of Saikat Bhattacharya’s three Documentary Films,
1.SATINATH BHADURI (2007) The Public Service Broadcasting Trust (PSBT)
2. BIRTH OF COLOUR (2008) DD National
3. PREMENDRO MITRA (2009) The Public Service Broadcasting Trust (PSBT)
Corporate film on RIYA Construction, Kurla (W), Mumbai (2008).
Work as a Technical Advisor of Documentary film on Jakir Hussain College, New Delhi (2009).
Ad Film on a Minakshi Sari on Orrisa, Bhubaneswar on 2009.
Worked Hindi Mega serial Choti Bahu on Z Tv on 2009-10.
Lahhar Detergent Powder Ad film with Rashni Productions Delhi (2011).
Chief assistant Director and Technical Advisor in Indo - French Music Video ‘PEACE’ (PAIX) (20012) Bid, schedule, organize and manage multiple projects from initial creative development through final delivery.
Send out script to numerous name actors, agencies, management companies, directors, financiers, distributors, other producers, studios, etc., follow up with everyone, and deal with each of their personal artistic or marketing concerns about the story, etc.
Manage all project communications (client and internal) while leading production teams.
Manage detailed budgets, supervise the budgeting process, approve major expenses and make weekly progress reports to Manager of Finance.
Make sure that all the equipment needed for shoots are set.
Manage editing, scoring, and marketing and distribution.
Recruit and hires the talent who will work on the project.
Supervise the creation of films and plays.
Perform crisis management.
I am great admire of some world famous International and Indian director like: CHARLIE CHAPLIN , SERGEI EISENSTEIN, INGMAR BERGMAN , ORSON WELLES, D.W. GRIFFTH , LUIS BUNUEL , FRANK CAPRA , JOHN FORD, FRANCIS FORD COPPOLA , JEAN-LUC GODARD , ALFRED HITCHCOCK , AKIRA KUROSAWA , STANLEY KUBRICK , ROMAN POLANSKI , SATYAJIT RAY , RITWICK GHATAK, MRINAL SEN, ADOOR GOPALKRISHAN, SHYAM BENEGAL, SHEKHER KAPOOR, MEHABOOB KHAN, RAJ KAPOOR, GURU DUTTA AND MANY MORE.
I have seen European, American, Latin American, African, Asian masters film. Watching world film is my hobby. Attended every year in Kolkata Film festival and many festivals. It helps me a lot to enrich everyday.