Can't believe I haven't seen this till now.
It's really mind boggling how wrong you are and how hypnotized you are to the notion that a brand and a camera create the look for you.
Literally gave you actual evidence by Steve Yedlin on how if enough data is recorded off an image sensor, your image can be corrected to however you want it to look and you can match cameras completely.
But I guess you didn't watch, and just regurgitated what some youtube bro or some hipster in silver lake with a carhart jacket said.
I'm going to go ahead and take the word of Steve Yedlin, ASC and Fotokem color scientists, who've spent over a decade learning color correction and have actual evidence rather than someone who's been watching too many youtube DP videos.
Good luck on your marketing hypnosis, hope you don't swallow everything everyone says.
the awards, just like all the BS awards like golden globes, emmys, ASC, and ICG should be thrown in the trash. It's dumb, it's been dumb for a long time. Just people stroking their own egos. The fact that they act woke is also disgusting and hypocritical. In real life, these people really aren't....at all... they just don't want to be canceled. not trying to be a right winger here. As it is that's another group with their heads up their own....
Creating and doing a good job should be enough. In fact, if you can actually make money making films, then congratulations, you made it. Don't be one of those people that do it for awards. I don't think Davinci made art to win an award.
*sigh* I think most folks who are disagreeing:
1. have never really dove into film emulation. (I'm talking days, months, years of researching, speaking with film/digital colorists, actually doing overs and unders of film stocks and collecting the data points, testing with audiences footage of real film vs digital.
2. Have never shot actual motion picture film or at least 35mm. (your leica m6 and bolex don't count)
3. Never have done a side by side of any film stock with an alexa. (both being color corrected on a large screen. yes film also has to be color corrected...gasp)
4. Don't know how to color grade. (filmconvert being as accurate as microsoft paint when it comes to film emulation. They like to say otherwise.)
5. Have been on instagram too long, getting advice from "DPs" who have the advertising skills of a southern televangelist.
6. Want to feel special and cool. (this is usually the main reason, influencer level)
7. Nostalgia. Probably towards the films they watched growing up, which shot on film. Shooting on film isn't going to bring back your younger simpler years or make your movie any better. It's just a hard truth.
Don't be an influencer, educate yourself
Pseudo intellectual stuff right here. you literally just proved my point. "you can let things burn out in the highlights in different ways". you can also do that through digital manipulation. Have you been to a coloring house recently? You also know tv shows and major motion pictures have an almost endless of supply of film to shoot with on each project right? Most of the up and coming "auteurs" now came from shooting digital and are treating film the same way. Like d shay said, your argument is not convincing at all.
the sad life of a pretty white woman in hollywood.... where the only adversity faced is figuring out inner peace....through sex....but plot twist... sex doesn't make her happy and there's more to one's self.
another movie made by someone who wants to be viewed as an ethical and woke "artist", but spewing the same white privilege story where the majority of Los Angeles is white with a few black people....because that's the "real" LA experience.
yeahhhhhh privilege buzzfeed quality stuff here.
The idea of this film and hack ideas like (hire a woman DP, because of this and that... rather than her work) sounds like stuff overheard at an echo park cafe spewed by a white male/female trustfund baby.
No IBIS, no C-log 2, no full HDMI, pass.