I'm having this exact issue from an article in 2012.
This Rec.709 portion of a 601 space (16-235 instead of the full 0-255 the FS100 shoots in) is incorrectly remapped to 0-255 by Quicktime....
...There’s also a sudden drop at the transition between light grey and white, because light grey is 235 and the remaining 16 steps of transition to white is not there any more.
So my biggest question is am I the only once facing this problem in 2015 with the A7S?
I've tested this using a variety of picture profiles and settings experiencing the same results.
- For general videography I'm using PP1 - Movie - Pro Gamma.
- I have zebra's set to 95%
- No issues with the histogram it tells me the shots correctly exposed.
- When I view the footage in camera it looks perfect.
- Once it's transferred to the computer the highlights are sitting outside of 100 at 110IRE and I have to bring them back down.
My monitor is a DELL U2711 Calibrated correctly with i1 Display Pro.
After speaking to Sony they don't seem to know what's going on here...