I have the F8... getting about 2.5 hours - 3 hrs with phantom power on one channel on 8 AA batteries. I bought an extra battery brick (that you fill with AA's) as a backup. Really slick system. Never felt like battery power is insufficient. Coming from the Tascam DR60d - this is the same or better.
I like your last point. I find, that the "as if" (or Stanislavski's magic if) is the easiest thing for actors to grab a hold of and run with.
1. Cast well. Actors should already feel like they are the "character", instead of trying to create a whole imaginary world for them. Especially in a short.
2. Cast actors that can act. A lot of people can't act very well. Namely, they can't be relaxed and natural, they try to force it.
3. Use "As if". Use associations for the actor. Say, "it's as if you're trying to shatter all the glass in Cleveland with your scream". Or, play this love scene "as if" you know you're secretly pregnant by another man. Whatever the case, make it specifically understandable to the specific actor you're working with. (hopefully the actor is doing this on their own, but many don't)
4. Give one simple performance note at a time. Don't overwhelm them.
5. Don't worry about a big back story. Give the actor a motivation for the scene that THEY CAN UNDERSTAND.
6. (bonus round) The motivations don't have to go in line with the script... you just need a specific behavior. Use an "as if" scenario that makes sense to your specific actor.
7. (double bonus) Rehearse, but not into the ground. There are simply things actors will never discover without rehearsal.
8. (triple bonus) Actors need lines down without needing to think about them. The emotional moments can fly when actors aren't thinking.
For a while I did an acting blog... here's an article if you're interested. No plug here. I don't teach it anymore much. http://www.badcolors.com/blog/2012/11/17/5-common-acting-mistakes-and-ho...
Yeah I know. My point is the data usage. It's an inificient codec and I would need more storage. Doesn't really matter to me though. I likely won't get one.
Haha. I know what you mean. For me there's only one problem:
MJPEG 4:2:2 500Mbit/s
Ouch. 500Mbit/s is 5x the data as the GH4 or A7whaterver2's.