'Your Film Festival' Deadline Less Than a Week Away - $500k Grant (And More) on the Line
On March 31st, 2012 the first ‘Your Film Festival’ will close its doors to submissions. But it’s not just the $500k grant money that’s on the line — it’s who and what comes attached with it. The winner will not only get to open the Venice Film Festival, but they’ll have Ridley Scott and his production team produce their $500k project. With that in mind, let’s listen to what Mr. Scott has to say as you prep your 15-minute narrative submission:
Here are some of the rules:
- Submit an original video which celebrates the power of storytelling with a focus on creativity and narrative.
- Running time for each video: Maximum fifteen (15) minutes, including any titles and/or credits. Entries longer than fifteen (15) minutes will be disqualified.
- The Competition is open solely to original, newly-created Entries, or original, previously-created Entries which have not been distributed to the public (including, without limitation, display on the YouTube Website, posting elsewhere on the internet, theatrical distribution, television broadcast or any other public dissemination) prior to January 1, 2010.
- Development Concept: All Entrants chosen as Finalists must be prepared to submit a development concept for the Winner’s Project (each a “Concept”), as more fully described in Section 11, which is intended to be used as an additional criterion in the judging process by the Festival Jury in order to determine the Grand Prize Winner.
For all the rules and submission guidelines go to the festival page’s official rules area — and remember, no entry fees.
- Enter Your Short in YouTube's 'Your Film Festival' for a Chance to Win a $500k Grant from Ridley Scott
- Deadline for 2012 Vimeo Festival + Awards Less Than Week Away, $25K Grant Up for Grabs
- Looking for Cash Prizes + Exposure for Your Videos? Vimeo Festival + Awards Now Open for Submissions