November 22, 2012

Great Black Friday Deals for No Film School Readers

You don't have to be waiting outside in the cold (depending on where you live) to experience some great deals on tools that are a little more relevant to filmmakers. We've got quite a few resellers and manufacturers trying to compete for your hard earned dollars -- everything from cameras, to lenses, to media, and just about anything else you can think of. I've compiled a few of my favorites, so click on through to check them out.

Some of these deals also extend all the way through Cyber Monday, so be sure to double check on the specific website. Clicking on the images in some cases will take you directly to certain deals.

B&H Photo and Video

You also receive 2% rewards for any of the above purchases (only for US residents):

Purchase any eligible product and receive the specified percentage back in Rewards points (Currently not available with Google Wallet). The percentage is calculated based on the price you pay for the eligible merchandise; tax, shipping & handling and any other fees are not eligible for Rewards points. Your order must be placed while you are logged in to your B&H online account. If you fail to do so, Rewards points cannot be applied retroactively.

Amazon

Nikon D7000 with 18-105mm Lens Kit: $1,000 -- Includes the following below when you add them to your cart:

Newegg

Borrow Lenses

These four items will all be receiving a 25% discount on the normal rental price if you rent them through November 25th:

ikan

LensRentals

Special doorbuster deals on used cameras -- these will be posted randomly throughout the next few days:

They've also got some great deals on other used equipment, everything from lenses to flashes.

Wide Open Camera

The Wide Open Camera Big Ass Sale event will end Friday 11/23/2012 at midnight. It also includes $10 Half Inch Rails lens gears, which are designed a bit differently than the Wide Open Camera lens gears.

WP Engine Wordpress Hosting

$25 off the first three months of service for Thanksgiving Weekend 2012!

Help Us Out!

I'm sure there are plenty more deals, and I know I'm missing quite a few. What are some of your favorite deals that I haven't shared above? Feel free to post any deals I might have missed in the comments.

Links:

Disclosure: ikan is a No Film School advertiser.

November 23, 2012

Austin Mace

So disappointed I missed this. Trying to get my first DSLR (T3i) at as low a price I can find so that I can afford other things like a tripod, head, etc. That's the lowest price I've seen so far; other used/refurbs are in the $450+ range.

November 23, 2012

Rick

10% off, plus free follow focus with select rigs. I just received the K-7 model and I've got zero buyer's remorse. it's a great rig for the price. So far, they seem to be an outstanding operation.

November 23, 2012

Eric

Save $600 of an XP2 Quadcopter package: http://xproheli.com/products/multirotors/xp2-quadcopter

November 23, 2012

Thanks man, just pulled the trigger on this and bought the non gps version. Coupled with the new GoPro it'll be perfect for establishing shots for my music videos, ideas are already flowing! I'll even probably bring it with me on my vacation to Alaska and get some scenic shots

November 23, 2012

Austin Mace

The show Yukon Men has been having good results in flying in cold arctic weather with the XP2, so it should perform well up there.

November 23, 2012

That's crazy- sounds like it'll do the trick, man I wish I could shoot for one of those shows haha, maybe after college...

November 23, 2012

Austin Mace

Interesting link. After viewing the webside videos I would expect some shaky footage. You will be needing giro stabilisation on the camera, if not there will be some work in the post waiting for you!

November 24, 2012

Ratsrats

30% off entire order from Telestream (http://telestream.net) using coupon code megadiscount12. Telestream makes a bunch of useful software like Screenflow, Wirecast, and even Flip4Mac. Coupon good November 20 - 26

November 23, 2012

How is the Amazon stuff free?

November 23, 2012

Jonah

It's free with the Nikon D7000 purchase, you add it to your cart.

November 23, 2012

Joe Marine
Editor-at-Large
Shooter/Writer/Director

Canadians watch out the shipping from Wide Open Camera, I wanted 4 lens straps for $40.00 they wanted $35.00 shipping. That's one expensive padded envelop.

November 23, 2012

Greg

This is perhaps a stretch, but I'm into this 32gig usb drive. Such a small device to store two sd card's worth, for $20. http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00812F7O8/ref=as_li_qf_sp_asin_il_tl?i...

November 28, 2012