February 26, 2016

You Have No Excuse Not to Apply for a Kevin Spacey Foundation Grant This Week

Kevin Spacey Foundation
The $10,000 'Artists of Choice' Award application is due on March 4, and it has the easiest application form ever.

Applications close in just seven days for this year’s Artists of Choice Awards from the Kevin Spacey Foundation. Supporting film, theater, dance and musical artists from the USA, UK, and Canada, the grant provides $10,000 for early-stage projects. Winners are offered additional services throughout the year, including an industry mentorship (presumably with one of Kevin Spacey’s pals).

This is one of few grants that focuses specifically on short film development, so if you've got a short in the works, get on this.

Here's last year's film winner India Dupre on her short, Stripped, and the grant:

"You Have No Excuse Not to Apply for a Kevin Spacey Foundation Grant This Week"

I have. I'm not from the US, UK or Canada. Like many other filmmakers here.

February 26, 2016 at 1:14PM

Wanted to say the same.

February 26, 2016 at 2:29PM, Edited February 26, 2:29PM

Csonka Olivér
Wannabe anyone

It's just click bait, m8.

February 26, 2016 at 3:21PM

"This is one of few grants that focuses specifically on short film development..."

I didn't see that on the application site, maybe I'm blind. Is it short film only?

February 26, 2016 at 3:24PM

I am blind (legally) and I wasn't able to find any eligibility rules or timing of when the grant is announced or awarded.

February 27, 2016 at 1:35PM

Jack Marchetti
Writer/Director

I think the major problem here is that you are required to have an industry vet-able reference. "a recognized, experienced person in the field in which you work who is willing to act as an advocate for your project."

What if people don't have that?

February 26, 2016 at 3:49PM, Edited February 26, 3:49PM

Do you think it's a reference from the industry that you actually work in, or a reference from the film industry?

February 26, 2016 at 4:33PM

I want to apply but I am from Australia. Is it available for us as well?

February 27, 2016 at 2:34AM

corinne sennitt
Director/Writer/Actor

"REFERENCE
This must be a recognized, experienced person in the field in which you work who is willing to act as an advocate for your project. KSF will contact references of shortlisted applicants, please ensure you have asked permission"

Need more information on that. I don't really have anyone to be an advocate who is "recognized, experienced". Other short filmmakers?

February 27, 2016 at 11:50AM, Edited February 27, 11:50AM

Applications closed mid day? I was literally filling mine out when the submissions closed.

March 4, 2016 at 2:48PM

same thing just happened to me. i spent all day working on the application and just now i went to hit 'submit' and got an error page. this really sucks! deadlines are usually at midnight!

March 4, 2016 at 9:02PM, Edited March 4, 9:02PM

roberto lopez
filmmaker

I guess they are culling the herd of procrastinators. That leaves me out too!

March 4, 2016 at 10:11PM