The Best Budget Cameras & What’s Missing from BBC’s Top 100 Films [PODCAST]
In this episode of Indie Film Weekly, we reveal your best camera buys under $5K and do a deep dive into the BBC’s new list of this century’s greatest films.
This week's show once again brings nearly our entire Brooklyn-based crew to the mics; Charles Haine, Jon Fusco, Emily Buder, and yours truly, Liz Nord co-host. We get into a lively discussion about the BBC's new list of the 21st century's greatest films, as chosen by 177 film critics, including the all-important question: Why the f*ck isn't Lord of the Rings on there? We also address another ever-popular query: What camera should I buy? This time, we're talking about whether to go DSLR or not. In addition, we say a filmmaker farewell to Gawker.com, which shut its doors this week after 14 years in operation. As always, the show brings more news about gear, upcoming grant and festival deadlines, this week’s indie film releases, our Ask No Film School segment, and other notable things you might have missed while you were busy making films.
Show Links & Mentions
No Film School articles
- This New Technology Lets You 'Touch' Objects Onscreen—and Could Change CGI Forever
- NVIDIA 10 Series Heads to a Laptop, and a Film Set, Near You
- How to Capture a Slow-Mo 'Burger Drop' with Robots & a Phantom Flex4K Camera
Upcoming Deadlines: Grants & Opportunities
- Sundance Institute Ignite Program & Birth of a Nation Fellowship - Submissions open August 29
- The Jerome Foundation’s Film and Video Grant Program - September 1
Upcoming Deadlines: Festivals