Watch: Here's How NAB 2017 Changed Post-Production
These new programs are going to make your life a heck of a lot easier.
We pumped out 85 videos for you this year at NAB 2017. As a reader, this might've been a little overwhelming. To make things easier for you to digest, we're breaking our content down by category.
It seems that every year software becomes more and more an integral part of filmmaking. As cameras grow more sophisticated, so must the programs designed to process the technology. This year, we saw some products that go beyond your run-of-the-mill NLE editing programs. These new applications and plug-ins promise to keep the post-production process simpler and more user-friendly.
For example, exciting programs like FilmConvert could change the workflow of editors forever by removing an entire step of the editing process—and a tedious one at that. If the prototype becomes a reality, it would mean no more laboring over matching cameras on a multi-cam production. Simply upload your footage, choose the camera you want to match it to, and six seconds later, all your footage will look the same. It doesn't matter if you shoot on an iPhone, GH5, or an a7sii.
One NLE editing program that is already evolving the medium is BlackMagic's DaVinci Resolve 14. (Notice they skipped 13—a company called BlackMagic already has enough superstition to worry about with the release of a new product.) The update features tools that will make DaVinci one of the first affordable all-in-one editing suites on the market.
Below is a list of all of our post-production videos from NAB. Alternatively, just click play on the playlist up top and let it ride.
- Watch: Vimeo Paves the Way for 360° Video Creators to Upload and Sell Their Work
- DSC Labs' ScreenAlign Calibration Puck Ensures Your Monitors Match
- Keep 100% of Your Stock Footage Profits With Videoblocks
- Mettle Collaborates with Facebook to Introduce 360°/VR Depth Plugins for the Adobe Ecosystem
- Dissolve Will Slog Through Stock Footage So You Don't Have to
- Frame.io Add New Features For Easier Client Review
- Watch: In-Depth with Blackmagic DaVinci Resolve 14 at NAB 2017
- With FilmConvert's Cinematch, You'll Never Have to Color Match Again
- DaVinci Resolve 14 is Faster, Cheaper, and Now for Audio Professionals, Plus New URSA Mini Pro Modules
- Vimeo's Deep Dive into 360° Video Education at NAB 2017
More of No Film School's coverage from the NAB showroom floor: