How Not to Ask Your Actors to Get Naked & Tales from Werner Herzog [PODCAST]
In this Halloween episode of Indie Film Weekly, we attack a scary question for many directors: how do I convince my cast to show some skin?
Co-hosts Jon Fusco, Emily Buder, and yours truly, Liz Nord bring you an episode full of spooky surprises, like a visit from everyone’s favorite creepy documentarian, Werner Herzog. We also discuss our favorite horror flicks, a new direction for the series Jessica Jones, and how Netflix is taking over Hollywood. Tech writer Charles Haine joins us to bring the latest gear news, and as always, we update you on upcoming grant and festival deadlines, this week’s indie film releases, and other notable things you might have missed while you were busy making films.
Show Links & Mentions
No Film School articles
- How to Write a Thrilling Horror, from 'Silence of the Lambs' Screenwriter and More
- Werner Herzog Interview: Dodging Death by Lava for 'Into the Inferno' and His Catastrophic Early Career
- 'The Eagle Huntress': How Otto Bell 'Moved Heaven and Earth' to Finish His Stunning Film
- Sigma Announces New Cine Lens Series, Complete with High Speed Zooms and Primes
- Why is that Weird Short Film 'Meridian' on Netflix?
- Samurai Sharpen Wants to Bring Out the Detail in Your Footage
Upcoming Deadlines: Grants & Opportunities
- California Documentary Project: Research & Development Grant - Deadline: November 1
- California Documentary Project: Production Grant - Deadline: November 1
- The Magic of Horror Screenwriting Competition - Late Deadline October 31
Upcoming Deadlines: Festivals
- The Lower East Side Festival - Deadline November 1
- Vancouver Web Fest - Deadline October 31
- The Independent Horror Film Festival - Final Deadline October 31
- Motor City Nightmares International Film Festival - Early Deadline October 31
- Into the Inferno - October 28
- The Eagle Huntress - November 2