May 5, 2018 at 1:21AM
Camera for 10k budget
For context: I graduated as a petroelum engineering. During my Uni years i picked up photography then videography (first because it make more, photography is quite saturated where i am). Since graduation I've been working for 2 and a half years as a camera man - editor for a marketing company. I am familiar with working with short movies, testimonial, advertisement. Now im moving on to Australia for advance education and i want to work while studying as well as have practical experience. So im looking for a suggestion for cameras and lenses with 10k budget. I started with a 60D, then 5D Mark III, now Canon C100 Mark II is my daily driver. I can say im experienced so what im looking for in a camera is: 4K or above, good dynamic range, tolerance in post, XLR input, good tactile layout, can shoot log, RAW capable (may be? i have never edited raw but i do realize this i a good feature to have). I have no lenses so any system is good. Used is absolutely welcome.
Im torn between:
- Canon 1DX Mark II: great photo camera, decent video camera. ~5K, i have 5K left for lenses and accessory. And being able to do photo session is a plus.
- Canon C200 (since i have been using canon c100 mark ii).
7.5K Absolutely expensive, i really have no justification for this beside im familiar with working with canon system.
- Blackmagic Ursa. Its advantage is it 4.6K. And quite compact too. Reasonable pricing. From 4-6K for a system with decent bundle. Compressed RAW.
- RED: I did some research and I cant find any system at my price point, im impressed by their accessories and modular system. Scarlet is a decent system.
- Sony: Lenses are expensive, they're quite old too, the FS5 and FS7.
Lenses: Canon L photo lenses or Rokinon Cine lineup. Sigma or Canon Cine lenses are way out of reach apparently.
Accessory: I will find a budget for DJI Ronin or Ronin M or a Steadicam system. So camera weight is totally an issue.
What do you think would suit me best?
Thank you and Best Regards.