March 9, 2016 at 10:02AM, Edited March 9, 10:02AM

Feedback for Music Video: Faith In Myths [4:39]

Hi Guys,

just joined the boards. Been around the site for a while but for some reason never joined. Don't know why, its a great resource.

Anyway, here's the link to my latest music video. There are things I would have done differently if I shot again, but over all I'm really pleased with it. After feedback as we never stop learning, do we?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IMWZWsdY6IQ

Enjoy, and feel free to comment :)

Thanks

Paul

2 Comments

Hey Paul,
Nice video! I like the locations a lot and the vibe of the video really matches the music, which I suppose is probably one of the most important things with a music video.

I was a bit confused about the story of the video but that could honestly be the head cold I'm dealing with, too. Mainly the beginning, with the sort of packing things up, or wrapping things up that were already in the case. Again, though, I might be a dummy right now and in the end concept and story are second, in my opinion, to the way the visuals match up with the music's tone.

Technically it's pretty awesome, or at least to the point where you don't think about the visuals (which is a good thing) except when there's a drastic difference in the exposure of the highlights, which happens a bit in the room location and then a bit on the rocky hillside. It's difficult to control lighting, especially with a small or non-existent crew (not sure what you had) but it was a little jarring to see some really over-exposed areas on the walls or in the sky, when right before there was a shot that had a better overall dynamic range. Again, these things are tricky but just pointing them out from my viewing.

Overall really nice video to go along with a nice song.

March 13, 2016 at 8:26PM, Edited March 13, 8:26PM

Hey that was a cool video. Great song too. Looking forward to hearing some more of that music and seeing more of your work.

March 21, 2016 at 6:22PM

anthony jason monares
Writer/Director/Camera/Post Ops

Your Comment