February 20, 2015 at 8:51AM


Film Terms: Bad Shots/Test Shots

Hey everyone! While organizing all my footage for editing, I always create a folder called "NG" (for "Not Good") in which I move all the bad shots/test shots. I wanted to know what is the exact term professional filmmakers use to call those types of shots. Thanks!

1 Comment

You can use any term that works for you and your editing process. It's based on preference. Some people may also call those shots the rejects or the rejected shots. Test shots may also be considered Dailies.

February 22, 2015 at 5:50PM

Hovig Kazandjian
Writer, Director

Your Comment