Make sure you listen to the whole episode for a new segment that we’re debuting at the end.
In this episode, we talk about...
- How toxic fandom has become incredibly common on the internet.
- Director Alan Taylor losing the will to direct due to the toxic fandom he has to deal with.
- Why it's good that more big-name people call out online harassment and cyber-bullying.
- The ways that what people say online can be taken very personally and affect creators’ mental health.
- How Quentin Tarantino is still carrying anger toward his mother about a comment she made early in his career.
- Whether or not Tarantino’s viral comments should be surprising.
- The role of cults of personality in the film industry.
- Advances in 3D modeling, including phone apps you can use to scan 3D objects using LiDAR sensors.
- Introducing a new segment designed just for the gig economy—Good Deal/Bad Deal.
- Ideas for how to make a bad deal better (it’s not what you think) and examples of times you might want to take a bad deal.
Links to Resources:
- Please like us on Facebook
- Follow us on Twitter
- Subscribe to our YouTube Channel
- Check us out on Instagram
Ask us questions at firstname.lastname@example.org!