July 21, 2012

69 Free Tutorial Videos to Help You Learn Adobe Premiere Pro CS6

Over at Creative Cow, Andrew Devis has been hard at work creating a slew of videos for his ongoing series of Adobe Premiere Pro CS6 tutorials. The videos cover a multitude of topics like the basic interface, using the various editing tools, transitions, effects, titles, and most recently color correction and grading. Here are some videos from the series to get you started:

These videos are just the tip of the iceberg and already they have illuminated various features I didn't know about in Adobe Premiere Pro CS6, such as the ability to change what colors the program considers to be a highlight, midtone, or shadow when color correcting, the Lightworks-like JKL Trimming, and a way to change the playback speed of a clip that looks to be more intuitive than the methods used in Final Cut Pro 7. Be sure to keep your eye on the Creative Cow site, or subscribe to their RSS feed, as there are more videos to come in the series.

Link: Creative Cow - Adobe Premiere Pro CS6 Techniques (scroll down for Part 1)

Thanks for the link. Does anyone know of good tutorials on general NLE principles? Laying out multiple tracks on a timeline, how to cut interviews, etc? There are heaps of tutorials on specific techniques but I’ve not found much on the general concepts of editing.

July 21, 2012

Owen

This might be a good one, not sure what you're looking for but this tutorial gives some of the general groundwork for organizing an edit:

July 21, 2012

Joe Marine
Editor-at-Large
Shooter/Writer/Director

Anyone want to share how stable they are finding Premiere CS6? I've been using FCPx the last few months and am considering giving CS6 a try as well.

July 21, 2012

69! eheheheheha

July 21, 2012

Billy_Dee_Williams

Premiere is amazing to work on, you seldomly need to render and it's extremely fast, not to mention it work naitively with all the most commonly used camera formats unlike final cut which requires you to transcode everything to prores then begin editing

July 21, 2012

Theo

FCP X does *not* require you to transcode to ProRes for editing. If you do decide to transcode (and you don't have to) then you can transcode in the background, and FCP X will seamlessly swap to the transcoded media when it's ready. You can also quit FCP X, delete the transcoded media in the Finder, then relaunch, and the original media will automatically relink.

Better than all of that is that you can start editing with your footage while it's copying from its media; before it's even finished importing. As soon as you press "Import", every clip you chose is available, and you can work with the footage as you wish, just like regular media. It plays straight off the memory card while it's copying in the background. When copying finishes, it seamlessly swaps to the new copy. Very good indeed.

July 22, 2012

Www.facebook.com/photophenomena

July 21, 2012

Theo

The exact same free tutorials series exists for Adobe After effects : http://library.creativecow.net/series/After-Effects-basics-tutorials-by-.... Really great tutorials to start from scratch.

July 21, 2012

Trankilstef

Thanks for this - Just learned a few new tricks in the color correcting / grading lessons.

July 22, 2012

Clayton Arnall

I've been following these tutorials for a couple of months. They are absolutely superb. Andrew doesn't miss a thing and goes at a perfect pace. I'm putting them on my iPad so I can play the tutorial and work on my video file at the same time.

July 26, 2012

Are there corresponding videos for Adobe Premier Elements 9 or 10? If you PLEASE email info. Thanks.

July 26, 2012

Bill Silver

Thank you for providing these tutorials with such precise details, even better than Adobe TV! I am new to Premiere and the detailed explanation of features is of great benefit.

April 4, 2013

Lionel

I was going with FCP initially but many Apple products like FCP X are already behind the curve on innovation.

April 4, 2013

Lionel

FCP has been a very cumbersome experience. What with all that rendering. Avid MC has always been my tools of choice, will be happy to give Premiere pro a go.

April 18, 2013

Francois

Cool, thanks for sharing!

July 16, 2013

My timeline in Premiere Pro is all gray What happened?

August 27, 2013

Luis V

Thanks for any other informative web site. Where else may I
get that kiind of info written in such an ideal approach?
I have a venture that I am ust now running on,
and I've been at the look out for such info.

October 26, 2013

h

November 15, 2013

arezou

Wood screws using a minimum duration of 2 A¼" are recommended. If you might be a movie freak, then you better get yourself a head unit so you don't need to visit a show house to take pleasure from great movies. The average consumer may be willing to be satisfied with this solution not knowing the truth.

December 28, 2013

Did I miss something or what? The title says 69 FREE videos. I just watched 10 and that was all that popped on my screen. Hmmmmmmm?

I was just about to make the conversion from FCP7 to FCPX after 5 years of FCP and over 1,000 videos of which 400 plus were television shows. However, I waited till the "bugs" were worked out and the product was at least semi or mostly finished and just when I finally downloaded a "trial" wouldn't you know it, Apple makes it mandatory to upgrade to Mavericks, which all I read has a legacy of issues and especially with FCPX 10.1 including but not limited to total HDD corruption and/or most or all data lost and even former projects under FCPX. After all this, I decided to take the Adobe Trial Plunge and trying to learn, I find that Adobe TV series at

just doesn't seem to want to load for me albeit it when they do I get 10-20 words then a minute or two of buffering. I want to learn this but WOW what a challenge.

December 28, 2013

I will be happy to get these color grading tutorial videos downloaded if the download link can be sent to my e-mail add.,thank u. u are doing a great job

February 7, 2014

ayobami abass

Thank you for another fantastic article. Where else
may anyone get that kind of info in such an ideal means of writing?
I've a presentation subsequent week, and I am at the search for such info.

April 7, 2014

So, people love to receive home decor items as gifts on Diwali.
In addition they declare that online forums here have no impacts on corporate performance.
If you are creative in planning to surprise your husband,
he, more than likely, will be quite pleased with the specialness of your effort regardless of
the size of your gift.

June 20, 2014

These are all great guide, it helps for beginners. Thank you for this interesting experience

July 8, 2014

Тhiѕ piece of wrditing gives clear idea in favor of thе new viewers ߋf blogging, that genuinely hhow
tо Ԁo blogging.