We've relaunched as a full community! Get the scoop:

July 10, 2012

Get a New Royalty Free Music Track Every Day for the Month of July

Looking to add some new music to your filmmaking arsenal? Neumann Films is giving away a free music or sound element track every day for the month of July. All of the tracks being released in the Daily Freebie project are "100% Royalty Free and ready to use in any commercial/non commercial work as long as credit is given as follows (Luke Neumann – “Track Name Here”)." Here are a couple of samples of the music that has been released thus far:

In addition to this daily orchestral goodness, Neumann also has made available 5 different versions of his Painted Hills track, also for free with attribution. And if you're looking for more music and sound elements check out The Trailer Toolbag which "features over 275 songs, rises, intros, drum hits, climaxes, sound design elements, and much more," all for a mere $40.

Link: Neumann Films - Daily Freebie

Great deal. Good music too. Royalty free is so important to us bootstrappers. Thanks, Luke!

July 10, 2012

Don't mention it! Glad you liked the music. :)

July 10, 2012

Thanks so much for the link!! I have been worrying about having to spend a lot of money on music that I could use freely, and this article couldn't have come at a better time. Thanks a million!

July 11, 2012

Your welcome! :-)

July 11, 2012

Justin Minich
Writer

Just call him Luke Zimmer.

July 11, 2012

Really appreciate the link. Came at a very appropriate time. I am just a newbe at making short movies and it gets pretty expensive when you start buying music.
Thank you so much.

July 12, 2012

Get the music for free, and make sure you give away your finished videos for totally free, too. It's the new method to beat greedy Hollywood at its own money-grabbing game! Cool.

July 12, 2012

Jorge

Meh. Any serious filmmaker would know that the best way to get music for your films is to have lots of friends that are musicians. For example, I help one band with their music video or photos, and they help me by scoring my short.

July 12, 2012

john jeffreys

This made me laugh. Is that how all commercial work is done? Is that how every single trailer and ad you see is done? Mmmmmno. Any "serious" filmmaker knows there is a very larger market for this.

July 13, 2012

i dont do commercial work. nor ads. i do trailers though, in the manner of which i described. im probably a more serious filmmaker than you are, you commercialist douche.

July 15, 2012

john jeffreys

Nice 'tude. I can see why you don't do commercial work. Part of being a "serious" filmmakers is being able to work well with others and you seem to be missing this key component. Might want to work on that.

July 16, 2012

who says "tude" lol. I dont do commercial work because I dont want to do it. So dont try to be all elitist. I make what I want and people love me for it so you can pull your pants up bro because we can all see your hater panties.

July 19, 2012

john jeffreys

"people love me for it" = LOL

July 23, 2012

So I'm downloading some music and then realize are these all free??? Don't know I just stopped downloading and noticed the songs when saved to my computer don't say"Freebie # ?

Now what if I use the music can I prove I was given it for free?

July 12, 2012

Yes sir! The info you need is on my soundcloud page (if anyone comes asking).

July 13, 2012

Thanks so much! Great tracks.

July 12, 2012

JP

Yes, great tracks. Just bought your Trailer pack as well.... We're working on a few trailers right now and it looks like you've got exactly what we need. Thanks.

July 13, 2012

Vanlazarus

Nice! Would love to see what you end up doing with the music.

July 13, 2012

Now this is how filmmakers help each other. Free high quality music?! Luke is awesome! I've downloaded all the free tracks so far, bought the trailer toolbag (well worth the $40), and have been recommending his site to everyone! I've already put some of his music in my upcoming short film, and am more excited than ever for the release! Thanks Luke, and NoFilmSchool!

youtube.com/​marcnsamshow

July 15, 2012

Marc

This music is great ! And its royalty free too. Cool :)

July 17, 2012

RevinFilms

Sweet! Thank you Luke :) My main composers have been too busy lately so this will come in handy at times where I need something there. Great sounding stuff too!

July 18, 2012

Cal

Hi Luke. We are an Indie Film group, from India, who are starting with shorts, and would move to features, soon (hopefully).
We'd love to use your music for the shorts. Its interesting, and extremely varied.
Thanks for the gr8 tracks