Early Oscar News & Film Budget Fundamentals [PODCAST]
This episode of Indie Film Weekly celebrates Jackie Chan's just rewards and helps you get started on creating an indie film budget.
Co-hosts Jon Fusco, Emily Buder, and yours truly, Liz Nord also discuss other early Oscar disclosures, the future's best films as presented at last week's American Film Market, and cinematic goodbyes to songwriter Leonard Cohen and actor Robert Vaughn. Tech writer Charles Haine joins us to bring the latest gear news, including a report from NAB NY and a slew of drone updates from DJI. As always, we also share upcoming grant and festival deadlines, this week's indie film releases, and other notable things you might have missed while you were busy making films.
Show Links & Mentions
No Film School articles
- RIP Leonard Cohen: How He Made Movies Sing
- Remembering Robert Vaughn: His Final Film is My First Feature
- 12 Indispensible Tips for Budgeting Your Indie Feature
- Every Filmmaking Form You'll Ever Need in 99 Free Templates
- 5 Groundbreaking Editing Rules from Oscar-Winning Editor of 'Lawrence of Arabia' and 'The Elephant Man'
- Inside the Minds of Film's Coolest Gatekeepers (& How to Get Yours Programmed) [PODCAST]
- Why Ira Glass Hates Producing and Mike Birbiglia Cut Witty Lines in Improv Comedy 'Don't Think Twice'
- The Auteurs of Music Video: Jason Galea, Future Jodorowsky
- DJI's New M600 Pro Drone is Smarter and More Portable Than Its Predecessor
- HIVE Makes a Compelling Case for LED
Upcoming Deadlines: Grants & Opportunities
Upcoming Deadlines: Festivals
- Tribeca Film Festival:
- Feature Length Films, TV, Tribeca Now - November 23
- Shorts, Experiential Work: December 2 - Final Deadline
- Rooftop Films - December 2 - Earlybird Deadline
- Don’t Think Twice - November 22
- Creed - November 19
- Boyhood - November 25
- Manchester by The Sea - November 18