April 11, 2014

Edelkrone Reinvents the Slider Again, Unveils New MoCo Rigs & Pocket-Sized Movement Tools

wing-300x174After a crazy week at NAB, the dust is finally starting to settle. We've seen some pretty nifty announcements thus far, and you can read about all of them on our NAB News page. There's one announcement, however, that we have yet to cover though. Edelkrone, the company responsible for the most compact rigs and sliders known to man, has announced several new professional camera movement products, some of which will literally fit in your pocket, and one of which might be an even more revolutionary slider design than the SliderPlus. Read on to learn more.

First things first, here's a good video rundown of the new Edelkrone products from our peeps over at cinema5D:

There are a few really cool products here. First and foremost, just when we thought that the slider couldn't be reinvented again, Edelkrone has introduced a product simply known as The Wing, which uses a uniquely sophisticated swinging articulated arm to similar effect as a slider. This product could be an absolute godsend for quick push-ins and pull-outs where a traditional slider would have gotten into the shot. It's not clear yet when The Wing will be available or how much it will cost, but considering Edelkrone's reasonable prices on all of their other tools, it's hard to imagine that it will be any more than a grand.

The next awesome announcement is a unique motion control system, one that's composed of multiple modules, that looks to be one of the most intuitive on the market, as it allows the user to simply record a movement, which automatically sets in and out points and interpolates an average speed from your movement. Having used a few different motion control sliders, I can say that this thing looks like an absolute dream to use, both in traditional and timelapse settings.

Edelkrone has a number of different motion control modules that can be added on to any of their SliderPlus or SliderPro models. Check them out in these videos:

The last announcement is probably the most intriguing for independent filmmakers. Edelkrone has introduced an entire line of extremely affordable camera movement products that will literally fit in your pocket. Aptly named the Pocket Series, this line of products takes a cue from the popular Pocket Rig, and packs bite-sized pieces of functionality down into the smallest possible form factor.

Edelkrone Pocket Slider

These pieces range from a miniature slider, which packs a whopping travel distance of 8 inches (remember kids, it's not the length of the slider, but how you use it), and a set of pocket handles, to a set of pocket rods and even a pocket table-top dolly. The best part of all of these is that they all come in at under $200, which considering the quality of Edelkrone's products, is extremely reasonable. For DSLR and other small-ish camera owners on the go, the Pocket Series might offer the movement solution you're looking for.

For more information on all of these products, including pricing for all of the sliders and motion control modules, head on over to the Edelkrone site.

What do you guys think of these new products from Edelkrone? Let us know down in the comments!

Links:

NFS's coverage of NAB 2014 is brought to you by My RØDE Reel and Limelite. Subscribe to the No Film School YouTube channel for the latest video updates direct from NAB, as well as filmmaker interviews, tutorials, and behind-the-scenes features.

Seriously like these guys approach to the industry. Always trying something different to what's out there.

April 11, 2014 at 12:09PM, Edited September 4, 11:56AM

Rob

Hello Rob,

Thank you for your kind words. As edelkrone we always aimed to design products which is user friendly, superiorly designed with unmatched quality and affordable prices. Thats who we are :)

If you have any questions about edelkrone products feel free to contact us anytime via info@edelkrone.com

April 11, 2014 at 3:11PM, Edited September 4, 11:56AM

I wish I could say the same. As much as I love their concepts, I bought one of the first units of Slider Plus version 1, and it behaves more like a prototype than anything else. It has unacceptable "play" in the tracks, both up/down and left/right and it suffers from a "step" in the middle of the slide path. The only solution they ever offered was one where I had to PAY. And I talk about a few months after purchase. Very sad.

April 11, 2014 at 5:28PM, Edited September 4, 11:56AM

Daniel Roca

I had the same problem as Daniel. The slider 1 was soo bad that I was never able to use it. I lost my trust in the company after this.

April 12, 2014 at 11:00AM, Edited September 4, 11:56AM

Markm

Hello Markm,

Please do not loose you faith on us that quickly. You could contact us anytime you want via info@edelkrone.com for assistance about your edelkrone product.

April 14, 2014 at 10:06AM, Edited September 4, 11:56AM

Hello Daniel,

We have customers which still uses their SliderPLUS+ with pleasure, we are sorry for the inconvenience you could contact us directly via info@edelkrone.com anytime you want for further assistance.

April 14, 2014 at 10:05AM, Edited September 4, 11:56AM

What I want is my "prototype" slider V1 subsituted by V2 with NO CHARGE, not even shipping, because that product wasn't ready to be commercialized. And that I won't get.

April 14, 2014 at 11:43AM, Edited September 4, 11:56AM

Daniel Roca

Truth be told, I finally got my Slider Plus V1 replaced by V2 (no charge other than sending back the defective unit), and the new one works just fine. So yeah, I will continue to look forward to Edelkrone after all.

June 15, 2014 at 5:43PM, Edited September 4, 11:56AM

Daniel Roca

Its good to hear that Edelkrone lived up to there reputation , to do the right thing. It really makes me happy to hear, because i really find the Edekrone products allways has been - by far , the most innovative Camera accessories company out there ! And i cant wait for wing !
ALL THE BEST
Mikkel Grum Bovin

August 31, 2014 at 6:14PM, Edited September 4, 11:56AM

Mikkkel Grum Bovin

Slider mini sounds as though it could be very very cool if there is a hold in place button so we can in theory leave the camera on it and loose all that setup time, if it has that and less of the negativity that the slider+ seems to have received from people I'm sold

April 11, 2014 at 12:35PM, Edited September 4, 11:56AM

Chris Lambert

There is a hold button on their larger slider plus, I would assume they would put it on the mini as well. It's a good feature.

April 11, 2014 at 2:13PM, Edited September 4, 11:56AM

Dan

Hello Chris,

We are happy to hear that from you.

If you have any questions about edelkrone products feel free to contact us via info@edelkrone.com four further assistance.

April 11, 2014 at 3:06PM, Edited September 4, 11:56AM

Love Edelkrone! If only their products actually worked :) 75% of their stuff are prototypes that early adopters have to fund in order to get a functioning version 3 of whatever their making. Still, I'm thinking of getting the large pro slider, with all the extra modules, Edelkrone, do you plan on screwing me once again or is this actually ready to use without compromises? :)

April 11, 2014 at 12:35PM, Edited September 4, 11:56AM

Michael

Hello Michael,

When your order arrived, you are not going meet anything but perfect gears which you want to put in your backpack for every shoot out.

Feel free to contact us anytime via info@edelkrone.com for further assistance.

April 11, 2014 at 3:04PM, Edited September 4, 11:56AM

Thanks for that, but like I said, it's kinda difficult to trust spending 2000 euros on a company that in the past has made me feel like an idiot for spending 400-500 euros on unusable/gimmicky stuff that I can't even re-sell :)

April 11, 2014 at 4:35PM, Edited September 4, 11:56AM

Michael

its simple, if you do not want to spend the money don't. but trashing an unbelievable company cuz you are mad about the 500 euros you spent is childish. I own the craft module, slider v2 medium, pocket rig and focus one. Everything is built like a beast. Instead of diving in head first try doing a little research and have some more peace of mind when you purchase something...... Thank you Edelkrone for reinventing the game and for making the video i shoot so fun

April 15, 2014 at 4:57PM, Edited September 4, 11:56AM

derek w

Can't wait to get my hands on my new SliderPlus v2 (Ordered just before i Heard about the PRO, but don't think I need that anyways). Let's hope it's here before a big shoot next friday!

April 11, 2014 at 12:40PM, Edited September 4, 11:56AM

Hmm, was meant to say a lot more than that comment. Something along the lines of 'wow, these keeps keep amazing me. I can see how that equipment can be very useful to lighter setups! They already had my attention with their previous sliders'

And then the part from the comment before :p

April 11, 2014 at 2:01PM, Edited September 4, 11:56AM

Hello Jeroen,

Thank for your kind words. It seems SliderPLUS will be a good companion in your shoots :)

If you have any questions feel free to contact us via info@edelkrone.com anytime you want.

April 11, 2014 at 2:55PM, Edited September 4, 11:56AM

Just got confirmation that the package is on its way and currently in prague - that's a lot quicker than expected. Can't wait!

April 11, 2014 at 6:21PM, Edited September 4, 11:56AM

Can the slider be at an incline when using the motion control motors? Are they powerful enough? Anyone know?

April 11, 2014 at 1:08PM, Edited September 4, 11:56AM

Davíð

Hello Davíð,

Wizard Motion Control Modules could assist you while working on inclined setups in order to perfect your shots however unable to operate all alone.

If you have further questions feel free to contact via info@edelkrone.com

April 11, 2014 at 2:49PM, Edited September 4, 11:56AM

I am absolutely blown away!

I've been looking at the "One Man Crew" but hated the fact that you can't use it as a regular slider - and it only works for one distance (no adjustments). Edelkrone just blew the competition out of the water and I'm so excited to get my hands on some of their new tools!

Travis
MN Filmmaker

April 11, 2014 at 1:54PM, Edited September 4, 11:56AM

Hello Travis,

It is really nice to hear those kind words from you!

If you have further questions about edelkrone products please do not hesitate to contact us anytime via info@edelkrone.com

April 11, 2014 at 2:47PM, Edited September 4, 11:56AM

Here's the number one need for owners of your v2 and Pro slider. A simple counterweight. Not everyone has or needs to use two modules at a time. An equal weight counterweight would go a long way to smoother shots and being less likely to tip or have an unnecessary shift. Can you make it happen İnanç from edelkrone?

April 11, 2014 at 4:00PM, Edited September 4, 11:56AM

Chuck

Hello Chuck,

It was really funny :) I will share this feedback with our design and engineering team. I believe they will take this idea in to consideration.

If you have any further questions or recommendations please do not hesitate to contact us via info@edelkrone.com

- İnanç from edelkrone a.k.a. INO :)

April 14, 2014 at 9:58AM, Edited September 4, 11:56AM

These prices are crazy

April 11, 2014 at 4:18PM, Edited September 4, 11:56AM

Wow! So excited about this product!

I'm currently a backer on the Cinetics axis 360 project which up until now I thought was the best and most cost effective way of getting my timelapse needs seen to.

Your system seems fantastic though and I will likely cancel my order with Cinetics in favour of one of your sliders with the craft motor etc.

I have 2 questions

- Price: about how much do you expect a full kit (slider + your 3 different controllers) to sell for? The Cinetics kickstarter ends soon so be good to know if you have an approx price and when it will be available. I live in Australia and am conscious its going to take a little while for things to be posted to me.

- The Cinetics system has 3 separate motors and you can specify an axis of movement for each one. This allows you to pan, tilt and slide all at once. Am I correct in thinking that your system will only allow you 2 axis' of movement? That is a slide, with the panning motion that can be programmed to either lock on a subject or pan across a room, but you could not have a tilt down at the same time is this correct? It's not a deal breaker by any means just looking to compare and it would be great to know if you plan on introducing a 3rd axis movement option anytime soon.

Thanks and can't wait to get my hands on one!

April 11, 2014 at 7:14PM, Edited September 4, 11:56AM

Dave

Hello Dave,

The total price for the SliderPLUS PRO with Target & Wizard Motion Control Modules and Craft Module changes between 2599.96-2799.96 (it depends on the size of the SliderPLUS PRO Medium,Large,XLarge) The lead time for Motion Control Modules is 4 weeks and for the SliderPLUS PRO it is 3 weeks.

The current motion control modules are only provide two axis movement on the slider. You could track your object/actor by panning or tilting with the Target Motion Control Module while Wizard Motion Control Module slides the SliderPLUS.

If you have further questions feel free to contact us anytime via info@edelkrone.com

April 14, 2014 at 9:30AM, Edited September 4, 11:56AM

Hi,
I just received the Slider + Pro from the guys at Edelkrone.
I took 5 weeks from Turkey to Australia (4 weeks waiting for stock? 5 days delivery with DHL).

$999 EU + $100 postage + Exchange rate + Australian import tax...All up About $1500 AU for a slider!!...

However I am quite happy with it. Very very smooth & can take a shitload of weight. The reason I invested in this slider is because of the motion control gear (Wizard, Craft & Target), that I have ordered. Hopefully my order wont take 5 weeks again!

April 11, 2014 at 9:39PM, Edited September 4, 11:56AM

Dane

Hello Dane,

We are sorry for the delay. We do our best to ship them on time however as you know there could be some delays anyway.

We are really happy to hear those kind words about SliderPLUS PRO. It seems you find the perfect match for your productions.

Thank you for choosing edelkrone.

April 14, 2014 at 9:53AM, Edited September 4, 11:56AM

The Wing looks brilliantly clever. Can't wait to have a play with one of them once they're out in the wild. Great stuff Edelkrone.

April 11, 2014 at 9:46PM, Edited September 4, 11:56AM

Ben Howling

Hello Ben,

Thank you for your kind words! Stay Tuned for the updates.

April 14, 2014 at 10:07AM, Edited September 4, 11:56AM

Their products are NOT quality. I went through two copies of the V2 slider, belt replacements, and still had to return it. They are completely unreliable.

April 12, 2014 at 10:51AM, Edited September 4, 11:56AM

I played with these sliders a bit at NAB. They're very nice and solid, and the fact that they're so compact is a huuuuuuge plus for me! I do a lot of travel for work and need to be as compact as possible with my shooting gear. A half-size slider is exactly what I need!

April 12, 2014 at 2:48PM, Edited September 4, 11:56AM

Jim

Hello Jim,

We are really happy to hear that from you. It seems you find your Slider companion for your shoot outs.

April 14, 2014 at 10:15AM, Edited September 4, 11:56AM

A word of caution when ordering Edelkrone gear! - I ordered the Sliderplus V2, and Target/ Action Modules. Their website stated delivery 'In 4 weeks'. They took my money straight away via Paypal, but 6 weeks later no dispatch date for the items, and they tell me things have been delayed by 'quality control issues'. I feel nervous that I may lose my money- Not happy!
Does anyone else have experience of delays- should I cancel my order?

August 22, 2014 at 10:59AM, Edited September 4, 11:56AM