Atomos Announces Their Brand New 4K Recorder, the Light & Affordable Ninja Assassin
Atomos first caught our attention with their line of HD to 4K recorders, like the Shogun. Today, they've announced something that's a real kick in the head -- the Ninja Assassin.
The Ninja Assassin has a lot to offer filmmakers using all types of cameras, including DSLR, mirrorless and video cinema cameras. It delivers 325ppi monitoring functionality, 7” screen size, 1920x1080 resolution, a 10% weight reduction (15 oz.), and is a true 10-bit 4:2:2 professional recording solution for Apple, AVID, and Adobe workflows. This means that many of the limitations we see from cameras, like compressed MPEG/h.264 recording, 4:2:0 color compression and 30-minute time limits, are bypassed using the Ninja Assassin. And all this at an affordable price point of $1295.
It’s the ideal size for 4K monitoring and considering its light weight and affordability its perfect for indie filmmakers (a7s, a7RII GH4), corporate video teams and anyone looking for an easy solution within a small budget.
From Atomos CEO and co-founder, Jeromy Young:
The Ninja Assassin eliminates creative barriers and unleashes the true power of the worlds best sensors into the hands of creative pro’s over one single HDMI cable. We are truly proud to deliver professional monitoring, video production tools and recording capabilities to assassinate camera limitations. Seeing an image on the Assassin’s 7” screen and feeling the low weight is when you truly believe it’s the only choice for 4K high-res production.
- Record more accurate, higher resolution colors (4:2:2, 10-bit) direct to visually lossless editing formats (the only brand to do both ProRes and DNxHR).
- No Record time limits – Recording externally to the camera puts an end to the traditional 30-minute recording barrier and allows larger media capacity.
- Professional shot setup you can trust on a calibrated high resolution 7" monitor with over 320 pixels per inch.
- Anamorphic de-squeeze, the perfect companion for Panasonic’s GH4 and affordable Anamorphic lenses/adaptors.
- Easy to use professional monitoring tools including Focus Peaking Assist, 1:1 & 2:1 Zoom with silky smooth image pan & scan, False Color (skin tones), Zebra and Waveform/Vector Scopes for in-depth image analysis.
- Go back in time with Pre-Roll cache recording, up to 8 seconds of HD or 2-3 seconds of 4K so you’ll never miss that shot
- Video Time-lapse with up to 10 different sequences, speed ramp and scheduled start and end times over 24 hrs.
- 3D LUT’s allow you to create a specific signature look or even recreate classic film stock instantly, with 50:50 split / LUT on / LUT off view, you can compare effects and make creative decisions on the fly.
- Playback for instant review and editing on the fly with a choice of 10 tags in both record and playback mode. Our NLE support means that whether you are Mac, PC, Apple, Avid or Adobe we support you.
The Ninja Assassin is shipping now for $1295. If you interested in getting one of your own, click here to find a retailer near you.
And to celebrate the launch of the Ninja Assassin, Atomos is offering registered owners of the Atomos Shogun, Samurai Blade, Ninja Blade, Ninja2, and Ronin a free Power Station Video valued at $395. However, you're only eligible to claim one if you purchase a Ninja Assassin from September 1st to 31st October, 2015. Terms, conditions and process for the claim can be found here.
Source: Atomos Ninja Assassin